Sunshine or Liberty

timbom

Sunshine / Conquest or Liberty. Going on southern Caribbean from Orlando. Same ports of call.

Can cruise on free price I not an object.

Which one would you take and why??

Edited by timbom

Last December when deciding on a cruise it was between Liberty and Sunshine with same ports. Tried to weigh everything out and Sunshine came out on top. The 2.0 upgrades when they did the "refurbishing" made the difference. I've never gotten to enjoy a Serenity deck and the Sunshine has a 3 deck area with it's own adult pool.

Think people say the Sunshine is newer due to the $155 million dollar upgrades does include some new cabins. We are actually in one of the original ones as we are on Empress Deck.

Since we don't sail until next FEB can't tell you how we like it, however I will say we plan on having a blast.

I have been on the sunshine and we had a great time.. The ship is easy to get around and the food and staff were great.. we are thinking about the liberty next summmer too but i have heard alot of good things about her too... whatever you decide it will be fun!

We just came off an 8 day Southern cruise on the Sunshine and was very disapointed with it. The ship itself was fine, it was the food and service that was way below Carnivals level. The variety of food was non existant. Same thing every morning. HOt foods were cold to room temp and cold foods were the same, or too warm. I wonder on the freshness of dairy foods sitting out at room temp. My DH tried to talk to one of the hotel managers on Lido deck and the officer acted like no one was there. Entertainment was almost non existant also. The Punchline was SRO, after standing in line for 2 hours to get in. They put it in such a small area that only a small amount of people can get in. Entertainment on 3rd deck was a DJ, cranking out canned music! It was very hard to find staff to help. They looked like they were working as fast as they could but were understaffed. We did not even see our room steward the first night, and did not have turn down service. If all of the Carnival ships are being like this, I morn their demise.

We just came off an 8 day Southern cruise on the Sunshine and was very disapointed with it. The ship itself was fine, it was the food and service that was way below Carnivals level. The variety of food was non existant. Same thing every morning. HOt foods were cold to room temp and cold foods were the same, or too warm. I wonder on the freshness of dairy foods sitting out at room temp. My DH tried to talk to one of the hotel managers on Lido deck and the officer acted like no one was there. Entertainment was almost non existant also. The Punchline was SRO, after standing in line for 2 hours to get in. They put it in such a small area that only a small amount of people can get in. Entertainment on 3rd deck was a DJ, cranking out canned music! It was very hard to find staff to help. They looked like they were working as fast as they could but were understaffed. We did not even see our room steward the first night, and did not have turn down service. If all of the Carnival ships are being like this, I morn their demise.

I think that getting rid of public space to create more cabins was a mistake on this ship. It not only put more people on the ship, but gave them less space to roam.

ABSOLUTELY LIBERTY! I've done both, and there is no comparison, IMO. Everything about Liberty is better, and when you figure in the extra people, and less public space aboard "Sunshine", the decision is clear.

Do Liberty,,,you won't go wrong!

"SKY"

P.S. I'll be boarding Liberty for the 3rd time this year on Saturday! ;)

Edited by SkyMaster

Have already been on two Conquest ships, Glory and Freedom, and loved them both. Going on Liberty next month.

Haven't sailed Sunshine, and truthfully, not inclined to do so -- I have been under-whelmed after reading Sunshine reviews, especially when they address the roaming smells, the crowded feel, the tiny little comedy club and the space:PAX ratio. :(

Liberty is a little newer than Conquest, and gets generally great reviews, so I would pick Liberty.

Edited by Lovefuninthesun

we were on the cruise last week and had a great time, but thought the ship did not have enough space for number of passengers. also seemed to be chopped up. layout just did not make sense. fun was had by all and food and service were wonderful but we would probably not go on this ship again. we have been spoiled as well by two cruises on the pride and the spirit class is our favorite.

doug

We did the 11 day repositioning on the Sunshine and loved it. The food was the best of any of our cruises. Yes, we did get in line for the comedy club about 20-30 minutes before the shows, but we always found 4 seats together. We always lined up early for the shows on every ship that I've been on so I'm not sure how the Sunshine differs. The cruise that we did 5 months before the Sunshine was the Liberty. It was our least favorite ship. Nothing catastrophic happened, we just didn't prefer that ship. Everyone has things that are more important to them on a cruise. We are foodies so the Sunshine was a big hit for us. So if variety in food is important to you, choose the Sunshine. If you want a bigger comedy club, pick the Liberty. I'm sure either will be great.:)

Been on both in the past eight months. My favorite is Liberty. Much more personal space. Sunshine public areas are much smaller and always crowded. Librty still has an orchestra and lots of live music.

Sunshine does have the twin waterslides and waterpark, Bonsai Sushi but Liberty does it for me.

Well, my DH and I will be able to decide which of the two we like after next month. We-to my shock and awe-received a free 7 day cruise from Carnival while on the Sunshine-the only good thing that came off that ship. So, we will be doing a western carribean in October. I'm hoping that it does have an orchestra, that the rooms are bigger, that the food is better and has more variety. Like I said, I found no variety on the Sunshine. Same ole-same ole, and ill prepared (and not safe by serving room temp dairy products) food almost every meal. We did try the steak house and it was good but I don't want to do that each night. So...looking forward to the Liberty.

We have been on both the Sunshine and the Liberty.

The only thing the Liberty has better than the Sunshine is that the Liberty still has the regular stage shows. The Sunshine has playlist productions. They both had live music on the ships at night.

The food and service was much better on the Sunshine. The Sunshine has some nice restaurants that are not one the Liberty.

The Sunshine has a great water works with multiple slides. The liberty has one slide and no water works. Sunshine has a ropes course. If you are in to things like that.

The serenity area on the Sunshine is much better than on the Liberty.

I would take the Sunshine over the Liberty any day.

Well, my DH and I will be able to decide which of the two we like after next month. We-to my shock and awe-received a free 7 day cruise from Carnival while on the Sunshine-the only good thing that came off that ship. So, we will be doing a western carribean in October. I'm hoping that it does have an orchestra, that the rooms are bigger, that the food is better and has more variety. Like I said, I found no variety on the Sunshine. Same ole-same ole, and ill prepared (and not safe by serving room temp dairy products) food almost every meal. We did try the steak house and it was good but I don't want to do that each night. So...looking forward to the Liberty.

Hello. We actually just got off the Liberty end of July beginning if August. I must be honest. We were on 7 forward and smelled sewer smell every time we entered into the hall. The ship is nice but as far as the food, I think it's pretty much the same ole thing. We did have early seating in the MDR and found the service to be slow. We were rushing to finish our meal by 8:00. All in all we had a good time and I would sail her again (this was actually the 2nd time on Liberty for us). I realize there is no such thing as a perfect cruise ship and honestly don't mind the imperfections. I'm on vacation in the middle if the ocean and not at work so i definitely make the most of all of our cruises. Hope you enjoy the Libert.

Me 😃

My first time on Liberty was this past May. I was so impressed with the entertainment (live music, shows) that I just completed my third cruise on that ship in just six months. And I'm sure I'll be back on the Liberty a couple of more times being she re-positions to San Juan. But for now, tomorrow I'm on the "Glory". Living in central Florida we have five cruise ports all within a two to three hour drive in any direction, so we can enjoy the cruises more often than most.