which ship

xrayvin

We are planning a cruise from San Juan in Dec 2015. Currently we booked with the BOGO rate on RCI Adventure of the Seas. I have read several reviews that the ship is in need of some attention but overall a good ship. I have sailed on the Navigator several years ago and we did enjoy the ship (felt it was difficult to find snacks during off hours and there was a lot of motion but that is really all I could complain about if I HAD to say something negative)

Now I found out the Carnival Liberty is switching with the Valor! I have sailed on the liberty before and really enjoyed it...loved the 2.0. However, I went with a friend and we really enjoyed the adult areas, we really avoided the pool areas and of course the kid areas.

I am not sure which ship would be better for this trip: Adventure of the Seas or Carnival Liberty?

We will be traveling with my son (11). He has sailed on the Dream and the Miracle and also on the Liberty of the Seas. The kids club on both Carnival ships were fantastic and he had a great time, on the LOS he HATED adventure Ocean and never went but he loved the activities the ship offered.

This is also such a port intensive itinerary maybe it does not even matter, but I would love to hear your thoughts.

I know the Carnival Itinerary is definitely all about the islands.... The Liberty will make it a little nicer ship but I would agree not that much time on the ship itself for kids to need the camp Carnival. We are doing the Valor in Jan 2015 so w won't have the 2.0 upgrades but still will have a great time. I think look at the price vs itinerary and see what makes sense for you. Imho ship would come in a distant 3rd for this cruise. We have done the Carnival itinerary 2 times (both on the Victory before the valor and victory traded places... see reviews in signature). Love those islands :cool::eek::D