Valor AFT cabin location UPPER or VERANDAH

kbalthaser66

We are booking an AFT cabin for our cruise in February on the Valor. Which deck Upper or Verandah is the better location. Is one deck larger than the other? Is there a little shade on either deck? Is one of the decks a little more "private" than the other or basically if I am out on my deck reading a book is everyone above me going to be able to look over the railing and watch me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We are booking an AFT cabin for our cruise in February on the Valor. Which deck Upper or Verandah is the better location. Is one deck larger than the other? Is there a little shade on either deck? Is one of the decks a little more "private" than the other or basically if I am out on my deck reading a book is everyone above me going to be able to look over the railing and watch me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you looking at the cabins at the very back? We were actually on Valor in May 2013, but stayed in a balcony cabin that was on the Verandah Deck, mid-ship. I'll attach two pictures of the back of the ship that I got while Valor was docked in Barbados to hopefully give you an idea. It doesn't appear that someone can see you over an above railing unless you're at the railing yourself. I don't know about the shade and it's hard to tell from the pictures. Hope this helps. If not, then this should be "bumped" so hopefully someone who has actually stayed in one of these cabins can answer more specifically.

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

We've stayed aft on Freedom. For the non-corned aft cabins, I don't think there is much difference in terms of size. As for privacy, yes if people are looking over the railings above then they can see down, but we didn't find people to be doing this often, and we didn't care, we would sometimes wave to them lol. Finally, for location, personally I would do Verandah. We've stayed on Upper before and found there to be a bit more noise than we'd like from the lounge below. And if you're concerned about privacy, technically the lower you go, the more people you have above who could be looking down! So, if I were you I'd do Verandah Deck.

Hope this helps!

We had an aft wrap on the Empress deck (7440) and found the location to be fantastic. The balcony was ginormous! No one could look down on us and we couldn't really see anything looking down.

Love Carnivals aft wraps. Have another booked on the Dream for 2016.

We stayed on verandah in the extended aft balcony. Yes there will be a little noise when docking but we used it as our "wake-up" to get up, eat and off the ship. We also experienced some overhead noise from the lido deck but it was mostly early or at night when the crew was cleaning.

For the most part we were either out and about onboard, exploring the ports or on our balcony so the noise was not an issue for us and we will continue to book this room on future cruises.

want an oceanview room instead:

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

Aft balconies tend to stay warm. There is no ocean breezes back there. THere is little shade. These balconies are opened to the elements. Unlike the side balcony that have a ceiling.

the upper deck will be over the lounge-- which is where they have the late night comedy. you do not want to be there if you are early to bed type of people