Single Digit Dance - First Solo Cruise - Dining ?

MedicineBall

:):WHEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!! Single digits is the best !

Going on my first solo cruise. Any tips from other solo cruisers ?

I was wondering how it was with the dining options. I chose ATD in hopes I will not be on a schedule and wont mind sitting with different people each night. How has this worked for anyone else that has done it ?

Did you get seated with other solos or a large party ? A family and were the only non family member ? How did it go requesting solos or at least where you are not the only one that doesn't know someone.

Medicineball;

Congrats on your first SOLO cruise. I love love love being a SOLO cruiser...But enough about why I like it I am here to tell you about your dining situation.

First you MUST talk to the Maitred before. Let them know that you are SOLO and want a large with a great server. Then let them handle it. Depending on what time you dine, you may or may not be at a table with others you have met before. If you become fast friends you can coordinate dining times and eat together. I am very gregarious and like a lively table for my evening meal. So different table mates for me is not a problem. But you will have to tell the Maiterd the same info every night till they get it.

Just remember a cruise is what YOU make of it. Take every opportunity to make lemonade out of every seemingly bad experience and you will be just fine.

Ray

Sorry I can't help with the dining question as I always do early dining. I've had great table mates and always enjoy dinner. Just wanted to say I hope you have a wonderful time on your Solo cruise. I just did my 5th solo out of 48 cruises this summer and looking for another great deal for Oct/Nov. As much as I like cruising with my family I'm spoiled having the room to myself. I'm actually cruising next year with family and friends and I'm paying double just to have my own room. (hubby doesn't like cruising, so he stays home!!)

I've done several solo cruises. I suggest that you participate in many activities. You'll meet people with similar interests and can team up.

As for dinner I've been seated at tables with solos, couples, different ages. The two and four table tops are close enough that you can chat if they invite you to join in or just eavesdrop. I was seated close to a table with other solos who invited me to join them. !

By the way I see you're going n the inspiration the cruise before mine. Take care of her for me!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen

Just remember a cruise is what YOU make of it. Take every opportunity to make lemonade out of every seemingly bad experience and you will be just fine.

Ray

This is great advice Ray. This is exactly why I am going solo this time. To make my own cruise. No one to cater to or to have to plan around. Nothing but to do whatever I want to do. I will be making lots and lots of lemonade :)

Thanks for the tips on going to the Maitre'd. I will do that for sure. If they ever changed the menu and had a real chef, if not the chef prepare it, I would do the chefs table again. But the food is tired and never prepared proper.

I will make sure to take good care of the Inspiration because she will be taking good care of me too :p