Trolley in Old Juan - Collapsible wheelchair

SHayesShip

Does anyone know if the free trolleys in Old San Juan can accommodate a collapsible wheelchair. The person involved is capable of walking a few feet and get in the trolley with my help.

I just went to puertoricodaytrips.com and found this... you can also find a map of the routes... just search san juan trolley.

"We often receive questions from our readers wondering if the trolleys are handicap accessible. I contacted the company that runs the trolleys in Old San Juan,and they said that _some_ of the trolleys are handicap accessible and can accommodate a person in a wheelchair. They also said that you can bring aboard a folded wheelchair as long as there is room."

Hope this helps.

Thank You both for your input. I have the map of the trolley runs printed out.

What they say about the trolleys are correct. We have found the/A trick to getting seats on the trolley is to not try to catch it right across from the pier.... go left from the ship to a later stop on the route instead of trying to catch it at stop #1 Even taxis in the OSJ area are not really that much and then you can get a tour also.

This thread is helpful to me as I'll be in SJ with my grandmother who uses a wheelchair but can walk a bit. I wondered if we might be able to use the trolley at all, so I appreciate everyone's input. We have a late arrival into SJ so chances are, we won't find room on the trolley in time to do much before it stops for the day, especially considering the traffic issue.... so we'll likely go with a taxi instead. Still, good info to have.