Debarkation from the Freedom

ranchette

When we debark and carry our own luggage can we leave the ship whenever we want?

Eventually you have to get off the ship... :D

We did self assist off the Freedom less than 2 weeks ago. We had to be out of our room by 8:30, and we found a quiet spot aft on Lido deck to wait, as our flights were not until the next day. There was not much to do - the pools were closed, breakfast stopped around 9am, etc. but we were comfortable. Played cards, read books, etc. We left the ship when the called our zone (I think it was 30?) which was about noon. They do call by deck for the self assist, but as long as you can carry your bags off, you are inconveniencing nobody by relaxing on the ship.

Some people may chime in that you are overstaying your welcome, and affecting the brides that are getting married on the next cruise. But this is not the case, as every body has to get off before they let the next cruise on. If they have not even called my zone, then I should not be crowding the stairs & elevators. Indeed, the Cruise Director thanked us for our patience and for not trying to debark too early.

Thank you you answered my question. Our flight does not until 1:00 PM and we cannot check our luggage until 4 hours before the flight. We do not like to put our bags out the night before so we will carry them off as late as we can be off the ship.