Breeze or Valor?

happymoes

Both have good iteneraries and both leave out of FL.

This will be our 3rd cruise (never been on Carnival).

I will have 2 teen boys (15,16) and my husband. Might

bring the in-laws along if it won't be a total party scene.

THIS will be Spring Break!!

Help me decide please! I love food and the kids love basketball and activities. We love exploring ports.

THanks!

I have been on both ships & would def pick the Breeze. Have been on the Breeze 2X and to date she is my favorite. So much to do. As long as the itineraries are good for you IMO the Breeze hands down. Either choice you will have a great cruise.

My sister just left the Breeze in March, said it was hands down the best Carnival ship.(Her husband has been on them all). Don't know personally but looking at the amenities there is a lot more for teenagers on the breeze. Sports square, ropes course, water park, 5D theatre, the Valor can not compete.

My hubby and I were on the Valor in April. Only had one waterslide. It was out of Puerto Rico. Are they repositioning to FL?

Then again, my family took a cruise on the Fascination last year , which doesn't have the bells and whistles of the bigger boats and had an absolute blast! So I am sure whatever boat you pick will be fine!;)

I have been on both ships, & I do prefer the Valor. Valor will have MUCH better shows in the theater. Breeze can get a bit boring at night, but that might actually be a nice thing for you. Breeze does beat Valor when it comes to the daytime though, as Breeze has an amazing waterpark (which your boys might love, as well as the adults), a nice ropes course, and more food options such as Guys & Blue Iguana cantina (that are only open during the day). It's hard to find something to eat on the Breeze after about 8:00. It's basically only pizza, so it's a long wait there. Valor will have more food options in the evenings & late evenings than Breeze, but Breeze has more during the day. If Breeze had decent shows in the theater, maybe it could be Carnival's best ship. But with the bad shows, I put it in the middle of the pack. No way can it be the best ship when there are bad stage shows. Dream still is the best Carnival ship.

I prefer the Valor's decor, as the Breeze's is very toned down. I call it boring. Many on these boards prefer it toned down, but considering that most of us don't live in places like Las Vegas, going on cruise ships that has flashy decor is nice for a change. If toned down decor appealed to the most travelers, Las Vegas would look very different.

Breeze also has the 4D theater, at an extra cost, which runs 15-minute shows. Valor doesn't have that. I bought the unlimited pass for about $15, and that gave me something fun to do in the evenings. Otherwise, I might have gotten bored. It's crazy how much fun that ship is by day and how boring it can be by night. So basically, it's totally up to you. I hope this info helps you to know which ship sounds best for you. Most people on these boards will just tell you "pick the Breeze". But look at what both ships offer and think about which one is best FOR YOU. There are countless people who didn't think much of the Breeze.

I cruised during Spring Break (mid-March) once on a sister ship to the Breeze. Deck chairs were impossible to get, and I got quite frustrated with it. Still, lines were short. I cruised Breeze at a time when the Northeast was on Spring Break (mid-April), and the ship was totally full, with families from there. It was just fine. Deck chairs could be tough to get at times, but not impossible. Food lines were rarely long. On neither cruise, did it turn into any kind of drunken frat party. The college partiers tend to go to beach hotels for Spring Break. Families tend to go on the cruises.

Edited by k2excursion

My sister just left the Breeze in March' date=' said it was hands down the best Carnival ship.(Her husband has been on them all). Don't know personally but looking at the amenities there is a lot more for teenagers on the breeze. Sports square, ropes course, water park, 5D theatre, the Valor can not compete.

My hubby and I were on the Valor in April. Only had one waterslide. It was out of Puerto Rico. Are they repositioning to FL?

Then again, my family took a cruise on the Fascination last year , which doesn't have the bells and whistles of the bigger boats and had an absolute blast! So I am sure whatever boat you pick will be fine!;)

Yes. In March 2015, the Valor and the Liberty will switch places.