NCL Pearl Entertainment/Reservations

TOMTOMRN331

Hi Friends,

We are sailing on the Pearl to Alaska on 9/21 and was wondering what eveyones take on entertainment was. I interested in Wine Tasting and the Murder Myster Lunch (though I was "concerned" about audience participation...)

Also, I was wondering why Pearl doesnt allow advance reservations like Epic did? Just curious

Thanks

Hi Friends,

We are sailing on the Pearl to Alaska on 9/21 and was wondering what eveyones take on entertainment was. I interested in Wine Tasting and the Murder Myster Lunch (though I was "concerned" about audience participation...)

Also, I was wondering why Pearl doesnt allow advance reservations like Epic did? Just curious

Thanks

Haven't been on the Pearl yet but have been on 2 of her sister ships. The entertainment venues are different than on the Epic, one large theater where the main shows are, a few lounges with live music, and a larger lounge where they have evening entertainment. It isn't a question of not allowing advance reservations, they just aren't needed. I believe on the larger ships the entertainment venues are smaller and the shows are repeated during the cruise. That isn't the case on the Jewel class ships. It's different every night. Unless you arrive just before the start of the show, you shouldn't have a problem getting a decent seat.

I was on the Pearl in July. Not sure about the Murder Mystery show, but the Wine Musical was held in the Spinnaker lounge. I was on the side of the lounge watching for whales (great viewing from the lounge) during the show and there appeared to be a lot of tables available. I am afraid I can't tell you if it was any good or not, since I didn't stay the whole time or pay much attention to it. The Oh, What a Night show is a Frankie Valli tribute and it was very good. Enjoy your trip!

Edited by Kam11