Pearl Deluxe Owner Suite Bose stereo system question.

I don't know which model will be in your suite but most Bose stereo systems have blue tooth and/or USB ports.

The regular charging cord for you iPod should work with a USB port.

The systems are not that new.. I have the same system at home, and because of the high initial cost and the complicated wiring we have with speakers throughout our home and yard, I refuse to change it lol... Our system is seven years old.

While I haven't been specifically in the DOS on the Pearl, The system in the Pearl OS (not DOS) plus the Jewel and Jade GVs and the Gem DOS did not take a regular USB nor bluetooth. On the Gem and the Jewel most recent sailings, there were wires in the drawer to connect our iPhones. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the wire names, so was hoping for someone else to answer. but we have two different ones we use at home... Both have ends that attach to the Bose system audio in with red/white/and black wires, although one of our wires is actually green red and yellow lol. The ends we use to connect them to the iPhones/iPads/iPods are different (because we use both iPhone 5 and 4S and various other devices). One has the larger iPhone 4S end that you plug in like the charging cord. The other plugs into the headphone jack on all devices. Both wires are readily available at Radio Shack. Hope that helps!

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

The systems are not that new.. I have the same system at home, and because of the high initial cost and the complicated wiring we have with speakers throughout our home and yard, I refuse to change it lol... Our system is seven years old.

While I haven't been specifically in the DOS on the Pearl, The system in the Pearl OS (not DOS) plus the Jewel and Jade GVs and the Gem DOS did not take a regular USB nor bluetooth. On the Gem and the Jewel most recent sailings, there were wires in the drawer to connect our iPhones. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the wire names, so was hoping for someone else to answer. but we have two different ones we use at home... Both have ends that attach to the Bose system audio in with red/white/and black wires, although one of our wires is actually green red and yellow lol. The ends we use to connect them to the iPhones/iPads/iPods are different (because we use both iPhone 5 and 4S and various other devices). One has the larger iPhone 4S end that you plug in like the charging cord. The other plugs into the headphone jack on all devices. Both wires are readily available at Radio Shack. Hope that helps!

Robin

Thanks Robin, for your feedback. We have a wire we use to play our iPhone/iPod off of our Onkyo stereo receiver at home. One end plugs into the headphone jack of the iPhone/iPod and it splits to a two-wire red and white audio hookup. We lose a little surround sound when we play it like this as we're not plugging our iPod/iPhone directing into a device or using Blutooth but it works just fine. We'll bring that cord. Between that and what the ship/butler may provide, we should be all set. Thanks for your response.

Another question if you don't mind. All over these boards we find conflicting information about whether we have a hot tub or Jacuzzi on our balcony. While it sounds and looks like a hot tub (no spigots), people are saying you have to fill it and empty it each time you use it. Is it chlorinated and heated like a hot tub or does it have a hot/cold spigot where you'd fill it up like a bathroom Jacuzzi but outside? Your thoughts on this would be appreciated as well as you seem to have plenty of first-hand knowledge. Thank you again.

~Kellie

Another question if you don't mind. All over these boards we find conflicting information about whether we have a hot tub or Jacuzzi on our balcony. While it sounds and looks like a hot tub (no spigots), people are saying you have to fill it and empty it each time you use it. Is it chlorinated and heated like a hot tub or does it have a hot/cold spigot where you'd fill it up like a bathroom Jacuzzi but outside? Your thoughts on this would be appreciated as well as you seem to have plenty of first-hand knowledge. Thank you again.

Kellie... it is simply a tub...no heater. The Room steward will handle filling and emptying.

Kellie... it is simply a tub...no heater. The Room steward will handle filling and emptying.

Ron,

Thank you, I'm going to get one of those cords, it should work fine on our Onkyo too and I like that you can charge the iPod/iPad at the same time, you are not losing the surround as you do when you use the ear bud connection and we really dont need the video but it is there too.

About the tub, there are jets right? I guess since it's a tub we can use the Elemiss bubble bath:D

Thank you, Robert

• 3 weeks later...

f5750e169d817c675d59c95fd8099f4b.jpg

Here's the hot tub for DOS 15000. We've used it every day this week. You fill it each time you use it (takes about 20 min) because like a jacuzzi tub in a bathroom, the heat is not maintained. There are jets and bubbles. I have to say, it's an awesome feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to the OP: here is a close up of the Bose system. It uses a standard headphone jack which fits iPhone or iPad devices just fine. It is provided. One remote controls the living room speakers. The other remote controls the speakers to the outdoor deck. The system can really crank out the volume.

A small CD library is provided along with songs stored in memory on the system. A wide range for all musical tastes.

c52cdd1e534bfb1540acee2335929ac3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cabling options that were shown will work I used the RCA cable type, as far as the hot tub have the attendent show you how to use the controls the hot water is feed up to the hot tub if you drain the hot tub slightly and fill it, it will stay hot the whole day.

You can also tell the attendent that you are going to use it at a certain time and you would like it hot and they will recirculate the water to keep it hot.

If you have Cabin 15500 tell Jeffrey that Adam said hello.