Alternatives to Thomsons..advice?

Hi all. Feel a bit of a traitor posting this here, but I am considering a cruise alternative to thomsons for my 50th next summer. Having sailed on only 3 cruises before, and only with thomsons, I thought I'd pick the brains of the seasoned cruise aficionados amongst you. I do love thomsons for the following reasons.... Laid back, informal, affordable drinks and excursions, amongst other fantastic reasons. So why look elsewhere you may ask? Well, experiencing a newer ship would be the first and maybe the only reason that springs to mind, however, I do not want to lose the things that I enjoy about sailing with thomsons. So, will await some sound advice from you all ;)

We have been on 4 Thomson cruises and we have just returned from our last one. We have been with P&O once and Celebrity once. P&O was good, the cabins are far superior and the cruises are a similar price if you watch out for offers etc. we have already booked Celebrity for next year, taking advantage of their 1, 2, 3 go offer ( free drinks package and pre paid gratuities). This two week cruise is cheaper than we paid for the two weeks on celebration-and we have a balcony room. I have said before that unfortunately Thomson are charging a premium price for a second rate product. I would suggest you give another line a try. You can always come back if it doesn't suit. Watch out for all the missiles from the die hard Thomson fans on here!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all. Feel a bit of a traitor posting this here, but I am considering a cruise alternative to thomsons for my 50th next summer. Having sailed on only 3 cruises before, and only with thomsons, I thought I'd pick the brains of the seasoned cruise aficionados amongst you. I do love thomsons for the following reasons.... Laid back, informal, affordable drinks and excursions, amongst other fantastic reasons. So why look elsewhere you may ask? Well, experiencing a newer ship would be the first and maybe the only reason that springs to mind, however, I do not want to lose the things that I enjoy about sailing with thomsons. So, will await some sound advice from you all ;)

Our first cruise was with Thomson. We have since cruised with them on a number of occasions. We have always enjoyed our time on all the Thomson ships but in my opinion P&O are better in every way, price, ships, entertainment and bar prices.

Our first cruise was with Thomson. We have since cruised with them on a number of occasions. We have always enjoyed our time on all the Thomson ships but in my opinion P&O are better in every way, price, ships, entertainment and bar prices.

Totally agree. We would have gone with P&O next year but for the good deal we got with Celebrity. Having said that, having tried both, Celebrity were head and shoulders above P&O and Thomson are no where to be seen! At the end of the day, you choose who to go with based on a number of factors; itinerary, brand, quality of service, value for money etc. it used to be that Thomson always had a port intensive itinerary, service was top class and they were good value. Based on our last cruise, two weeks ago, the only thing remaining of the above is the service, which was excellent. We won't be using Thomson again for cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums