Going on the Conquest I have questions!!!!

bigmama9224

Hi I am going on the Conquest May 23, 2015 doing the Southern Island. I would like to know if anyone has any idea how big the tables are at dinner we are 11 people. Dinner is at 8:15 pm do we all fit together??

I was looking at the ship it looks or seems to be just like the Splendor am I correct??

Does it have a Mongolian Wok?

Does it have a game room (Arcade) for kids couldn't find or see one?? If they do on what deck is it?

In La Romana Dom. Rep. can I pay if I do my excursion on my own with their money (pesos) or it is only American money??

What hotels would anyone suggest to stay near Cruise port in Fort Lauderdale??

We are around 10 to 11 people should we take cabs??

I like going to Port early what time do you suggest. I usually get to NY port at 10:15am.

This is my first time I am flying to a port usually do NY or Bayone. What time should I get a flight back home on day of returning from cruise.

All info truly appreciated, I am writing this cause I am really interested.

Thanks to all for your input.

Hi I am going on the Conquest May 23, 2015 doing the Southern Island. I would like to know if anyone has any idea how big the tables are at dinner we are 11 people. Dinner is at 8:15 pm do we all fit together??

I was looking at the ship it looks or seems to be just like the Splendor am I correct??

Does it have a Mongolian Wok?

Does it have a game room (Arcade) for kids couldn't find or see one?? If they do on what deck is it?

In La Romana Dom. Rep. can I pay if I do my excursion on my own with their money (pesos) or it is only American money??

Most large tables fit 10 could probably squeeze in 11 but would have all reservation linked for dining.

It is not like the Splendor but there are a total of 5 ships in its class, Freedom, Valor, Liberty and Glory.

La Roman can pay with American money.

No wok but has game room.

Game room is on Deck 5

US Dollars are widely accepted in the Caribbean, so don't worry about exchanging money.

Best bet for a hotel is something near the port that has both a free airport shuttle, and a free shuttle to the port.

For 11, I'd opt for a shuttle, they can squeeze 11 in one of those vans.

In LaRomona, definitely book your excursion before you leave. There are no vendors at the port area and none within walking distance. Otherwise, you're cabbing it over to Bayahibe and hoping the one or two vendors over there have an opening.

I suggest not taking the shuttle or the Choo-Choo to town. They take you to a central park where there's a flea market type set-up. Where vendors try to pawn off items as homemade, even though the next booth has the exact same items....and the kids beg to shine your flip-flops....

I can vouch for the Pro-Excursions. (I think they're owned by Canadians) They require you to make a deposit, but they do what the say they do.

We love the Conquest, it used to service our home port.

We just got back from the Southern Caribbean itinerary and had a blast!

Hi Kristy and Kevin thanks for the info. Now what beach or which beach would you suggest in Aruba and Curacao just like sitting under the shade and maybe some sun. I need to know or make sure they have Restaurant and rest room near by. I am also traveling with 2, 9 years old and one 4 year old boy..

Hi Kristy and Kevin thanks for the info. Now what beach or which beach would you suggest in Aruba and Curacao just like sitting under the shade and maybe some sun. I need to know or make sure they have Restaurant and rest room near by. I am also traveling with 2, 9 years old and one 4 year old boy..

We didn't do any beach'ing in those ports, but some friends we met on the cruise did. One went to Eagle Beach (I think) and they had chairs and access to the hotel's pool across the street. The other friends went to the beach in front of the Holiday Inn.

I'll double check my info with them and get back to you.