Booking onboard - celebration

ninja

Am First timer thomson ...

I will be cruising celebration on october 6th to october 20th from marmaris.

Planning to book for next cruise on 20th to 27th october.

Shall i book online now

Or

Book when i got onboard might get a better offer !! ( if they do last minute offers )

Any advise !!??

Thanks

i cant see you getting a good deal by booking on board? we have never booked on board because they have never come out with a better deal than the online price...sometimes they may match it...occasionally they may offer some sort of incentive/ (obc/reduced ai) but nearly always this is reflected in the price when compared to the online price on the day

best way to checkout any deals is to track your preferred itinerary online for a little while to get a feel for what is a reasonable price to pay....but yes...thomsons pricing is basically....a dark art....very difficult to keep a step ahead of them

Not sure what you mean?

Do you want to stay on the Ship for another week?

If so I would contact Thomson now and ask if you can change the booking to a 2 week cruise, they may charge you an admin fee, but it's probably cheaper than 2 separate cruises.

If you leave it until you are onboard they may not have any cabins left, they may not even be able to let you stay on for another week, I have never heard of anyone stopping on for an extra week.

Others may have??

Ninja,

Like Joe I was a wee bit confused.

As above, I would not recommend waiting until you were onboard before trying to secure an add on cruise.

I've heard of other lines, with significant under capacity on their next itinerary, offering reduced deals for passengers to stay onboard and do another week.

I don't think Thomsons do that though - and it's along way to travel from North Carolina to be disappointed !!!

You could, of course, consider a 7 night hotel stay add on. Marmaris is a very agreeable tourist destination with some lovely hotels.

Happy to suggest a few.

How does the extra week offered onboard effect getting back home ?

Do Thomsons re-arrange them as part of the price (a straight flight exchange deal at no cost) or is the client responsible for these ?

If the price of rescheduled flights is another add on that changes the picture.

The cruise we are booked on in October is just about at the end of the summer Dalaman flight programme, so that would have to be considered in the equation.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

How does the extra week offered onboard effect getting back home ?

Do Thomsons re-arrange them as part of the price (a straight flight exchange deal at no cost) or is the client responsible for these ?

If the price of rescheduled flights is another add on that changes the picture.

The cruise we are booked on in October is just about at the end of the summer Dalaman flight programme, so that would have to be considered in the equation.

They couldn't offer you the add-on cruise if they couldn't get you home!

They couldn't offer you the add-on cruise if they couldn't get you home!

they will...they often have empty cabins but no seats on the aircraft...if you can make your own way home then you can pick up a cruise only bargain ....but a standby lastminute airfare home wont be cheap

they will...they often have empty cabins but no seats on the aircraft...if you can make your own way home then you can pick up a cruise only bargain ....but a standby lastminute airfare home wont be cheap

Sorry, what I meant was, surely most people would only add on an extra week if all the flights etc were changed for them at no extra cost? (apart from the extra cruise price?) It would be a lot of hassle having to arrange that yourself especially whilst onboard - the transfer alone to Dalaman is 1 1/2 hours. I guess if you lived in Turkey it would be no problem though!

Thanks for your reply.

Flight is not a problem at all, will be in Marmaris till November 2nd

Dont think its worth it to stay onboard more than two weeks.

I will spend the rest of the vacation in Marmaris and nearby places.

Only if i get a very very good offer from thomson. And ithink its end of season, must be a good chance to get an offer.