Jewel Concierge Lounge?

albertamom

Early reports after the Jewel's drydock said that the Concierge Lounge on Deck 15 was locked and not in use. Are any recent cruisers able to report if it is still the same? We had our first snowfall of the season here in Southern Alberta, and I'm daydreaming of my February Haven experience on the Jewel! :)

Edited by albertamom

Thanks. I had heard that it was a nice, quiet spot to hang out, with a great view. Does the concierge have a place to work out of, or does he just float around? On our other cruises, I liked knowing where I could find him if I had a question. I know that I can reach him on the phone, so not a big worry...just curious. :)

On the Jewel the concierge used what used to be the Star bar which was across from Cagney's. Now that has been converted to Moderno.

The few times I peeked in there while going to breakfast or lunch I never saw the concierge in there.

I think they are mostly out and about the ship assisting passengers or maybe up in the Haven?

On the Jewel the concierge used what used to be the Star bar which was across from Cagney's. Now that has been converted to Moderno.

The few times I peeked in there while going to breakfast or lunch I never saw the concierge in there.

I think they are mostly out and about the ship assisting passengers or maybe up in the Haven?

I thought I remembered a concierge lounge one deck up from Haven Courtyard? Between Garden Villas and Owner's Suite? As we were surprised that it was NOT there on the Pearl....but might be confusing ships!

Did go up there once.....some refreshments were out, great view.....but the Concierge is usually too busy to just sit there....we have better luck calling the Concierge on the phones provided.

I thought I remembered a concierge lounge one deck up from Haven Courtyard? Between Garden Villas and Owner's Suite? As we were surprised that it was NOT there on the Pearl....but might be confusing ships!

Did go up there once.....some refreshments were out, great view.....but the Concierge is usually too busy to just sit there....we have better luck calling the Concierge on the phones provided.

That was the Jewel , but the news after the dry-dock was that it was going to be converted into a suite.

According to the deck plans on NCL.com, this area is now the "Villas Private Lounge"

Is this new? I don't remember what it used to say. I would love to still have that space there. We're travelling with extended family, and it would be a nice, quiet place to sit and visit.

Is this new? I don't remember what it used to say. I would love to still have that space there. We're travelling with extended family, and it would be a nice, quiet place to sit and visit.

It would as long as the extended family were all staying in the Haven. That space has always been available to Haven guests that's why the concierge used to set up in the Star Bar so all penthouse passengers had access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

It's always been called the Villas Private Lounge, there was talk of turning it into an additional suite. This past winter we used it many times a day. Always had food and drink available up there and one of the best views on the ship. Most hung out in the Haven, so for many it was a quiet, spacious and nice hang out. It had sofa's, oversized chairs, tv and a food and drink area. Would love to see it remain. Haven Butler was up there quite a bit and concierge came by a few times a day to check in.

It's always been called the Villas Private Lounge, there was talk of turning it into an additional suite. This past winter we used it many times a day. Always had food and drink available up there and one of the best views on the ship. Most hung out in the Haven, so for many it was a quiet, spacious and nice hang out. It had sofa's, oversized chairs, tv and a food and drink area. Would love to see it remain. Haven Butler was up there quite a bit and concierge came by a few times a day to check in.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. Sounds like it's a thing of the past, though. Oh well, we'll just have to make do with the Haven, or the upper deck. ;)

Edited by albertamom