Obstructed balconies on Britannia

campergirl62

We're now looking at booking our second cruise and we've seen one for 11 nights around the coast of Spain next September on Britannia that we like the look of. We really would like a balcony and an obstructed one is in our price bracket.

I know the ship isn't even finished yet but does anyone have any idea just how obstructed the balconies are likely to be? A bit if the ship structure in the way wouldn't be a problem but an entire lifeboat would! If it is lifeboats in the way I guess we'll just have to tighten the purse strings a bit more and go for one that isn't obstructed. I've looked at the deck plans and it isn't obvious from that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're now looking at booking our second cruise and we've seen one for 11 nights around the coast of Spain next September on Britannia that we like the look of. We really would like a balcony and an obstructed one is in our price

I know the ship isn't even finished yet but does anyone have any idea just how obstructed the balconies are likely to be? A bit if the ship structure in the way wouldn't be a problem but an entire lifeboat would! If it is lifeboats in the way I guess we'll just have to tighten the purse strings a bit more and go for one that isn't obstructed. I've looked at the deck plans and it isn't obvious from that.

Sorry about heading Camper fir. Should have stated Campergirl.

May I suggest that you take a look on the Princess site and search for obstructed balcony on Royal Princess. Our friends also have booked an obstructed balcony on Britannia and were informed that the obstructed balcony cabins on Britannia will be same as Royal Priincess. Worth while having a look. Plenty available to see.

Edited by HELEN HENRY
Should have stated Campergirl

We're now looking at booking our second cruise and we've seen one for 11 nights around the coast of Spain next September on Britannia that we like the look of. We really would like a balcony and an obstructed one is in our price bracket.

Hi me again

have a look at Princess Message Board Page 6

Scroll down to Royal Obstructed Balcony Cruisers Expertise Needed

posted by sandybeaches44 4th from bottom at the moment might be on next page by the time you find it. Excellent photographs of obstructed balcony views. Hope this helps.

Hi campergirl,

This link takes you to a blog that has lots of photos of the cabins, including obstructed cabins, and other parts of Royal Princess, which launched last year and whose layout is virtually identical to Britannia. http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/dougo/1/1371411380/tpod.html

There is some more info I've seen, where someone has basically photographed all of Royal Princess's cabins from the outside and highlighted which are the obstructed views, but I can't locate it at the moment.

AFAICR, it's not just lifeboats that cause an obstruction: there are stanchions, other balconies, projecting roofs...

It depends what you class as an obstruction...