Rock of ages

sillysu

I purchased tickets for rock of ages for our family INCLUDING younger children, is this play suitable from kids? Cause the movie is on right now and it's NOT kid friendly! Worried now....

SuzieQ's IPhone

I thought Rock of Ages was one of the Breakaways free shows. :confused:

But wouldn't be innuendos that go over their heads 😊 - they perform any sexual acts or act out drugs or anything right?

SuzieQ's IPhone

No sex acts on stage, I don't remember if they acted like they were smoking pot so maybe, but if so it must not have been a lot.

It's a great show if you were around when that music was popular.

Just MHO....

If you're uncomfortable with them watching the movie, you will be equally uncomfortable with them watching the show. FWIW.. If it helps at all with your decision process, they do have multiple warnings before the BA show that ROA is a rated R show and not suitable for children.

"Rock of Ages" perfectly represents Breakaway...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1914337

Read the whole thread, eventually I even tell you where best to sit in the theatre! More importantly, you will get many opinions, both pro and con, about bringing your kids to the show.

Edited by OceanBlue123

It depends on how old the kids are. Actually I think it's worse for older kids because they understand more of what's going on and it's not G-rated.

In June we brought our three year old, who usually loves going to music and dancing shows and I figured she wouldn't get any of the suggestions anyway. She was dancing to the pre-show music, but once the show started, she got bored. I have to agree with her. We saw it (not our three year old) in the theater and it was better. It was a bit slow moving on the BA for some reason. After about 1/2 hr, my dd turned to me and said, "Can we go shopping?" My dh stayed and we left.

For a free show on a cruise ship it's not bad, but I wouldn't pay for it (and you don't have to). The theater is small though and you do need advanced reservation. If you're not in the theater about 10 minutes before show time, they begin letting in the wait line. There is a huge section reserved for the Haven, so seats go fast.

My advice, it's free, you've got it booked, go to it. If you hate it - leave.

I was with my 19 yo college daughter and we both said we were glad we didn't take the 13 yo with us

However I did take my then 15 and 16 yo dds to the revival of hair on broadway a few years ago and the subject matter and nudity did not bother any of us

Of course I took them to the play as a teachable experience about the 60 s Vietnam and all the rest.

I really don't think the goings on at the whiskey a go go in 1980s Los Angeles is such a special thing but that is just IMHO of course

The only thing interesting about roa was the 1980s blond hair boy band that played intermittently.

In January when we do 12 days on the BA I would probably go see it as we have 6 sea days mostly in cold weather. My kids will be 19 and 20 though and appreciate theater wether it by pg or r rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships