Mountain top vs paradise point (sky tram)

tfran8

I am cruising to St Thomas in Oct on the Allure and have been trying to decide between shore excursions.

There are several that go to mountain top but don't go to paradise point. Which is the better view/place to go? (Paradise point is not next to the place we will be docking but I have heard a lot about the sky tram there.)

I am thinking I will go to Magen's Bay and then one of the views.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mountaintop is just a souvenir store with a magnificent view of Magens Bay. If going to Magen's Bay MT is closer to your route.

You can also have a beautiful view of Magens from Drake's Seat which is a typical tour stop as well.

PP has a great view of the harbor and has a bar/restaurant along with a bird show and some other things. The tram is a nice way to get up there, and the view on the way up and from PP really is excellent.

So it depends on what you want, for you PP is further away from Crown Bay and MT is closer to Magens and an easier stop. We always liked going to PP before returning to the ship though. If I had a choice I would stop at Drake's on the way to or from Magens, and go to PP after if time allowed as MT doesn't have the charm the original had, but that is just our opinion. If you haven't been to MT you should probably include it, especially since you're that close. Note that you can also just grab a taxi and many drivers will stop at MT and Drake's Seat for a nominal fee.

Edited by blue_water