Ventura-Never Mind The Sunbeds.....

Daftlad

Someone who believed that P&O would manage their organisation better.

Personally I find it damned annoying when people reserve tables first, and then return 20 minutes later with a some food, so tying up the table for longer than necessary.

So you get your soup, your spouse gets his or her salad, while the two sons get their roasts and veg, and then you meet up at the fixed point in the buffet so you can start looking for a table? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

What our family does, is find a table, sit at it, put something on the table (eg a glasses case, a book, water, etc) so people know its reserved, and then go and find food. No-one ever snaffles chairs, moves our stuff, etc., because the people I come across aren't like that. And because it's a buffet, the chances are we're all going for main courses / puddings / cups of tea at different times so we're never all away at once.

(We don't take 20 minutes to find the food. We've never found the food that hard to find.)