Getaway Specialty Dining Question

cruisecrazy82

Hi guys, so I could not find the answer to this question and I was hoping one of you could help me:) If you pre-book a group of say 8 people for a specialty restaurant and then it ends up only say 4 can come, what is the procedure for this? Do you get penalized for the other 4 people that do not come, or is it just an alteration of the number of guests so not really treated as a cancellation?

Basically we are sailing on the Getaway and there are 8 of us, we all have the UDP and have prearranged dining for groups of 8, however once onboard some people may change their mind and want to dine in a diff specialty venue on that given night. Would we need to let the restaurant know 24 hours in advance that now it's going to be less guests than the originally booked 8? Or does it matter since there will always be 2 that show up for the prearranged time, simply put the other 6 are variables. I wanted to be sure we got one night at each venue of our choice and didn't want to risk waiting until onboard to set up reservations and possibly not being able to get into say Le Bistro or Cagney's.

I hope this makes sense and I really appreciate any insight provided!:D TIA!!

Hi guys, so I could not find the answer to this question and I was hoping one of you could help me:) If you pre-book a group of say 8 people for a specialty restaurant and then it ends up only say 4 can come, what is the procedure for this? Do you get penalized for the other 4 people that do not come, or is it just an alteration of the number of guests so not really treated as a cancellation?

Basically we are sailing on the Getaway and there are 8 of us, we all have the UDP and have prearranged dining for groups of 8, however once onboard some people may change their mind and want to dine in a diff specialty venue on that given night. Would we need to let the restaurant know 24 hours in advance that now it's going to be less guests than the originally booked 8? Or does it matter since there will always be 2 that show up for the prearranged time, simply put the other 6 are variables. I wanted to be sure we got one night at each venue of our choice and didn't want to risk waiting until onboard to set up reservations and possibly not being able to get into say Le Bistro or Cagney's.

I hope this makes sense and I really appreciate any insight provided!:D TIA!!

We had Ocean Blue booked for a party of 6 last week. On the day in question, some of the group was not feeling very well and we cancelled our reservation only a couple of hours before we were set to eat. They did not charge us anything. I am not sure if this directly answers your question or not, but I hope it helps.

We had Ocean Blue booked for a party of 6 last week. On the day in question, some of the group was not feeling very well and we cancelled our reservation only a couple of hours before we were set to eat. They did not charge us anything. I am not sure if this directly answers your question or not, but I hope it helps.

Thanks for the response, it does help a bit. :)

I am doing the same thing. We are a party of 8 all with UDP. I booked a specialty for every night of the cruise including the free Illusionarium on the first night. I called NCL and booked all if the plus the shows. I was told to just let the restaurant know earlier in the day if some in our party won't be dining that evening. We are sailing on the Getaway November 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by skiwee

I am doing the same thing. We are a party of 8 all with UDP. I booked a specialty for every night of the cruise including the free Illusionarium on the first night. I called NCL and booked all if the plus the shows. I was told to just let the restaurant know earlier in the day if some in our party won't be dining that evening. We are sailing on the Getaway November 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reply!! :D Hopefully there is someone who has also done this already and can verify the simplicity of how it actually goes down once onboard.:) Or if no one actually has ever done this before maybe after your sailing you could let me know how it worked out? That would be awesome!

Edited by cruisecrazy82

Thanks for the reply!! :D Hopefully there is someone who has also done this already and can verify the simplicity of how it actually goes down once onboard.:) Or if no one actually has ever done this before maybe after your sailing you could let me know how it worked out? That would be awesome!

We made onboard modifications to our reservations. We were a group of seven and in some cases we had just four or five who made it to dinner. We usually knew a few hours in advance so simply modified the reservations. Because we had an odd number, even our pre-bookings were wrong because online you can only book for even numbers. Everyone on board just rolled with it and it was honestly not an issue.

Enjoy your cruise!

We made onboard modifications to our reservations. We were a group of seven and in some cases we had just four or five who made it to dinner. We usually knew a few hours in advance so simply modified the reservations. Because we had an odd number, even our pre-bookings were wrong because online you can only book for even numbers. Everyone on board just rolled with it and it was honestly not an issue.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums