Getaway questions

beachgirl222

We have booked a cruise in February on the Getaway. Looking at the reviews and reviewers photos it doesn't look like there are many shaded public areas to chill out during sea days.I do not want to be in direct sun but love to lounge where I can see the water and not burn. I have been on Royal Caribbean's Mariner, Explorer, Oasis and the Grand Princess. We loved them all. I am afraid I am going to be unhappy and thinking of cancelling. I am also concerned that most reviewers don't seem to eat in the included dining venues, I am not too picky and to be honest Royal Caribbean's food on the Allure wasn't at all special but it didn't affect my cruise that much. Are they many area's to chill that aren't in direct sun? Is the food worse than Royal Caribbean?

No need to worry. We just got off the Getaway and there is an abundance of lounge chairs in the shade. We were a party of 5 and while the kids fried in the sun, hubby and I lounged in the shade facing the pool all day. As for the food, it was fine. Of course the specialty restaurants are better but I found the MDR's food better than RCI. It is a gorgeous ship and you will have the time of your lives. I have already booked it for next August. Happy cruising