Shuttle to Cape Liberty- Country Inn & Suites

cruzincanuck

Hi

We are booked on the cruise and sleep package at the Country Inn & Suites and I inquired if they had set times and if they took reservations for time slots. I was told that everything is set up at check-in.

I am looking for recent cruisers' experiences using their shuttle service- to the port and back.

Thanks

Following this too --

We are trying to figure this out too for our Nov Explorer trip. We've received two different price quotes for the shuttle. I tend to believe the guy I spoke with vs the to person to whom my BIL spoke.

I was told it was $35 plustax $2.4(5?) per couple one way. BIL was told $35 plus tax per person. Now the guy I spoke with I asked multiple different ways and got the same answer. I first inquired about the Stay and Cruise package - it listed round trip transfers (the difference between the room and the package makes $35 pp round trip sound correct and $35 per couple one way sound correct with the pricing)

We were both told we could just set things up when we got there - they didn't do the reservations a head of time without the package. If I didn't need transport both way to NOT book the package.

I've been looking at private car transfers instead. There is an overpacking problem in our group of 4, so I'm not even sure if there is a limit on baggage on the transfer -- is another thing to to put on DH's list (we were making him call back again for another answer to see which one it matched). The quotes I've been getting for 4 people sedan were about $65 plus tip and tax (tolls?) and $95 plus the same for a suburban so all the bags would fit.

I am on your cruise. The normal rate for cruise transfers at Country Inns is $35 round trip. Folks have posted that they paid half price for a one way trip.

What are you paying for your rooms and does it include 14 days free parking? Did you book directly with the hotel or through one of the park/sleep companies? I'm seeing Country Inns for $173.49 tax included for 10/31 through buyreservations.com with 14 days parking and $10/day over that.

If you are 4 people with lots of luggage, I would call Independent driver - 888-816-0973 to see what they can do for you. The normal rate they charge is about $45 plus tip for 4 people and you can pick the time you want to go to Cape Liberty.

I am on your cruise. The normal rate for cruise transfers at Country Inns is $35 round trip. Folks have posted that they paid half price for a one way trip.

What are you paying for your rooms and does it include 14 days free parking? Did you book directly with the hotel or through one of the park/sleep companies? I'm seeing Country Inns for $173.49 tax included for 10/31 through buyreservations.com with 14 days parking and $10/day over that.

If you are 4 people with lots of luggage, I would call Independent driver - 888-816-0973 to see what they can do for you. The normal rate they charge is about $45 plus tip for 4 people and you can pick the time you want to go to Cape Liberty.

Thank you! Sounds like the guy I spoke with was the correct answer for the price. I'd tried a quick search on the roll call, but it wasn't working too well on my tablet.

We are had booked our room back in June, just the room. We are flying into Newark from DC and then from Orlando to DC when we finish up. We used hotels.com it was $152 with tax - base $126. That price has gone down a bit - as I looked yesterday on their website.

This came up because the inlaws are currently looking. Straight from their website it was $118+ tax for the advance purchase room without parking when I looked yesterday. The cruise transfer package was $209 plus tax.

Thank you for the ID number - I'll give them a call on Monday and see how much things are going to be--- Our luggage problem is stupid. Inlaws have 2 carry ons and 4 check in sided bags plus I don't even know. I know they are on SW home.

I know we are going to end up with 2 carry on bags, a dive gear bag, and a checked bag between us. At this point I'll just pay for ship laundry vs dragging stuff around. (On the way home we have the rental minivan already booked at the port to get back to Orlando)

We are had booked our room back in June, just the room. We are flying into Newark from DC and then from Orlando to DC when we finish up. We used hotels.com it was $152 with tax - base $126. That price has gone down a bit - as I looked yesterday on their website.

This came up because the inlaws are currently looking. Straight from their website it was $118+ tax for the advance purchase room without parking when I looked yesterday. The cruise transfer package was $209 plus tax.

This is the same pricing we've done. We had it booked for the $126+ until we confirmed our flights. I'm going to change it to the non-refundable $118+ tomorrow.

We are calling independent driver also (thanks to suggestions).

There are only 2 of us so we could be on the same shuttle with you.

With October 1st this week - I want to have all my plans finalized.

MonDreamr1

I hope you read this, I keep forgetting which thread I see things on and didn't see you on the roll call for this cruise (although I'm sure you are sailing with us).

I did call Independent Driver today and he quoted $45 for 2 people.

He said if I could get more than 5 people it would be $12 each. The van holds up to 10 people.

Not sure if you've made your arrangements yet, but since we are at the same hotel, would you like to get together on this shuttle?

MonDreamr1

I hope you read this, I keep forgetting which thread I see things on and didn't see you on the roll call for this cruise (although I'm sure you are sailing with us).

I did call Independent Driver today and he quoted $45 for 2 people.

He said if I could get more than 5 people it would be $12 each. The van holds up to 10 people.

Not sure if you've made your arrangements yet, but since we are at the same hotel, would you like to get together on this shuttle?

I'm on the roll call but haven't been very active. We haven't settled arrangements just yet. I was waiting on a few quotes. There are 4. So that would hit the 5.

We would be interested. Still have the concern about the number of bags.

Email is mondreamr1 Gmail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk