Peat Taylor DRF & horseback from Falmouth - several questions

snorkelman

I was considering using Peat Taylor's tour for Dunn's River Falls & Horseback Ride n Swim ONLY ($85/adult $80/child) but cannot figure out the order.

The website says

Horseback Ride n Swim

First you will ... go for a horseback swim out into our wonderful aquamarine ocean.

Dunn's River Falls

...It ... normally crowded by noon so we make it our first stop to beat the crowd rushing to enjoy this 600 ft of cascading spring fed waterfalls. So you get to climb it when it is least crowded and more private.

Question #1: Which of these two is actually first when you do this excursion from Falmouth?

Question #2: The website says (about the horseback riding) "This tour will be guided therefore your guides will be taking pictures as you go along if you bring your cameras."

Does that mean the guides will take your camera and take pictures of you, or does it mean that the guides will use their own camera and sell their pictures to you? If the latter, what are the pricing options you experienced? Are their combination prices for doing a tour that involves two things such as DRF and horseback?

I was considering using Peat Taylor's tour for Dunn's River Falls & Horseback Ride n Swim ONLY ($85/adult $80/child) but cannot figure out the order.

The website says

Horseback Ride n Swim

First you will ... go for a horseback swim out into our wonderful aquamarine ocean.

Dunn's River Falls

...It ... normally crowded by noon so we make it our first stop to beat the crowd rushing to enjoy this 600 ft of cascading spring fed waterfalls. So you get to climb it when it is least crowded and more private.

Question #1: Which of these two is actually first when you do this excursion from Falmouth?

Question #2: The website says (about the horseback riding) "This tour will be guided therefore your guides will be taking pictures as you go along if you bring your cameras."

Does that mean the guides will take your camera and take pictures of you, or does it mean that the guides will use their own camera and sell their pictures to you? If the latter, what are the pricing options you experienced? Are their combination prices for doing a tour that involves two things such as DRF and horseback?

Never tried Horse Ride N Swim tour with Peat Taylor Tour but I have done the Dunns River tour with family. We brought our own camera and our guide at Dunns River took our pictures, they run over these rocks and our camera was safe. Peat Taylor tour was excellent and would use them again, they will explain everything to you as you go along your day as they say NO PROBLEM MON ..:)

Thanks. My wife and I have been to DRF before. I'm not bringing my camera with me as we climb the falls, unless I decide to just get a disposable waterproof one. I wasn't sure whether the guides just use your camera at the bottom by the waterfall, and that's it. Same issue for horses. Given that both excursions involve water, I am not bringing an expensive camera with me that day.

• 2 weeks later...

I climbed DRF several years ago. Our guide took all the cameras & putt them around his neck, for the climb. Thank Goodness, because at I point I slipped & my camera would have been drowned! The chances of your guide getting your camera wet is slim. Of course, this is part of the service they are providing-as they do work for tips!!

Navigator of the Seas

THANKSGIVING CRUISE

Sept. 23!!

• 1 month later...