LONG review of the JEWEL 9/6/14 to 9/13/14

Hikini

We were not in the Haven but we were in a full suite. 2 bedroom penthouse #11024. All suites (not mini suites) have access to Moderno on the Jewel for breakfast and lunch. Not just the Haven suites.

Hi Hikini :)

Thanks much for responding and for the info...you've made me a happy cruiser :D

Have a fabulous day!!

Thanks much for responding and for the info...you've made me a happy cruiser :D

Have a fabulous day!!

You're welcome! Enjoy your cruise and enjoy the Jewel. We have been on her twice and had a great time both times.

Thanks for the wonderful review' date=' Hikini. Great to read John D'Souza is concierge - such a nice guy and so helpful & sincere.

How were the other entertainment acts other than the production shows?[/quote']

We went to the Liar's Club, which was good and very funny, but with old words. They need to come up with some new ones.

We also went to the Newlywed, Not so Newlywed game and it was funny as is typical.

We didn't go to any of the musical performances in any of the lounges, didn't go to the White Hot Party or anything like that. We're too old! :D

Hikini, do you by chance remember what day of the week the VIP Party was? Since the upcoming Caribbean sailings out of Houston will also be Saturday sailings like Alaska more than likely the VIP Party will continue to be the same night of the week. Trying to plan what night we will be eating in the various restaurants :) Thanks,

Hikini, do you by chance remember what day of the week the VIP Party was? Since the upcoming Caribbean sailings out of Houston will also be Saturday sailings like Alaska more than likely the VIP Party will continue to be the same night of the week. Trying to plan what night we will be eating in the various restaurants :) Thanks,

Oh boy, I *think* it was Sunday night.

Oh boy, I *think* it was Sunday night.

Thanks, I was guessing that would be when it was because on I thought that on our last Jewel in March our sailing left on Sunday and the VIP party was on Monday night so makes sense it will be on Sunday. Last time we had booked early dinner in Moderno on that night and my husband was mad we had to rush through dinner. So won't do that again ;)

• 3 weeks later...

How are you?

Wanted to see if you had pictures of SC suite 11024...I've been trying to locate post dry dock pictures of the SC suites, with no success :( and wanted to see if you possibly had pictures from your cruise...

Thanks much!

Joy

You're welcome! Enjoy your cruise and enjoy the Jewel. We have been on her twice and had a great time both times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for taking so long to reply - I didn't see this until now.

The master bed doesn't separate into 2 twins. I don't believe there is enough room in there to separate.

The couch does fold out, but it only folds out to a twin size. We asked for a demonstration and it was pretty slick how it folded in and out.

We loved this suite and will do it again, for sure!

• 2 months later...
I can't say how much I loved that Hazelnut Milk Chocolate bar!

Me too! I came here to see if anyone knows the recipe because I must have another before my next NCL cruise on the Jewel in 8 months ;)

Edited by theloo