Carnival Sunshine Spa Suite

hhalliv

Hello cruise critics!

I'm sailing on the Carnival Sunshine in March and am looking into a spa suite since it's only a few hundred dollars more than a spa balcony. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms?? I've never done a suite on Carnival, and never any spa accommodations, so any pictures, hints or tips, etc are greatly appreciated. I'm also worried about elevator service on the 11th and 12th decks on the ship. Thank you!

for the SPA suite there is no extra amenities on this ship.

you do get different shampoo and soap--- you also get slippers

and the suite comes with a priority boarding-- you still gotta wait until 1:30 when the room becomes available at 1:30 to enter the cabin./

the balcony has no roof and is open to the elements

Edited by serene56

Oh no, that sounds really terrible actually...

its not== really. Just making sure you know wht you are getting.

Some people see Spa Suite and thingk-- wowo.

on some ships it really is worth it.

For my cruise a spa balcony is 249 more then a regular cabin.

I can buy the spa package for the same price

I sailed on the Sunshine on deck 11 in a spa balcony. The balconies on deck 10 are fully visible from above and have no shade. This was one of the reasons we chose deck 11. The spa perks are quite nice...we secured the spa balcony for a very, very reduced fare and had a discount from an issue on a prior cruise. I am not sure I would pay a large up charge for a spa level cabin unless I had several sea days....it was nice but we had four ports on a seven day cruise and we didn't use the spa much. The spa suites are lovely but the perks are not many...it would be a tempting choice though.....

I did not sail in that level cabin, but if I can answer questions about the Sunshine I will try....we really enjoyed our cruise.

I sailed on Sunshine ..but not in a spa suite or spa anything. Just a regular balcony. One of the entrances to the spa area is right by the pool with the waterfall... A big heavy wooden door.. And when people when in and out it would SLAM shut. I remember thinking I would be ticked off if I had a room in that area. But maybe if you were in the room it wasn't as loud. We loved everything about the ship and had a blast.

I sailed on Sunshine ..but not in a spa suite or spa anything. Just a regular balcony. One of the entrances to the spa area is right by the pool with the waterfall... A big heavy wooden door.. And when people when in and out it would SLAM shut. I remember thinking I would be ticked off if I had a room in that area. But maybe if you were in the room it wasn't as loud. We loved everything about the ship and had a blast.

I'm glad it seems to be mostly good things about the Sunshine! We have 4 sea days so I thought the spa would be nice. I really like the location in the serenity area, but I'm also really interested in the floor plan. From the video serene56 posted, looks like the suite has a whole separate living room and walk-in closet!

We were on cabin 11025... We never heard the door slam. It was very quiet up there. We really enjoyed the balcony a lot and we loved being able to just wander on out to the serenity area.

We were on cabin 11025... We never heard the door slam. It was very quiet up there. We really enjoyed the balcony a lot and we loved being able to just wander on out to the serenity area.

How was the elevator situation?? I know on 11 and 12 there are only 2 elevators...

How was the elevator situation?? I know on 11 and 12 there are only 2 elevators...

That was the biggest problem with those cabins...we generally took an elevator to ten and walked up to eleven unless one of the two that went to eleven or twelve happened to come. We generally walked down to ten to catch the elevators down. Of we were going to the lido we often went out onto the serenity area and then walked down the outside stairs...however that is very wet all day so of we were dressed for dinner...shoes would be more slippery...we took the elevators down for sure.

I have a "bad"knee so sometimes I was not thrilled with that arrangement...but, honestly it did not kill me...now, if I had real mobility issues I would definitely think twice about booking a cabin on 11 or 12. Often the crew is using one of those elevators...luggage movement, linens, etc and then the wait can be excruciating...also for whatever reasons I have seen those elevators go up and down past a person multiple times before stopping...I guess the crew has a way to make that happen? At any rate, it did not really cause too much trouble for us, but I did feel for one woman who had a walker...she waited a lot.

• 2 months later...