Wharf Extension for Eden

gaechann

From the latest Cruise News. Our local Council is hoping that they can do something similar here in Coffs Harbour in the future!

Halfway between Sydney and Melbourne, the cruise season in Eden for 2014-2015 remains consistent, with ships such as the L'Austral, Funchal and Pacific Pearl calling. “When we have the new wharf extension we expect there to be a large spike (in traffic) when cruise ships can come alongside,” said Gale Ward, coordinator, Cruise Eden. “Removing the tender barrier will see significant growth in 2016 and beyond.”

That expansion will happen in early 2016.

“We are excited to see the first of the Carnival P&O vessels arriving,” Ward continued. “The region has worked tirelessly with the support of Carnival to extend our wharf to allow larger ships to come alongside.”

...Our local Council is hoping that they can do something similar here in Coffs Harbour in the future...

OFF TOPIC but,

I didn't realise that you're from Coffs, Gae. My wife grew up there and her parents still live there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

OFF TOPIC but,

I didn't realise that you're from Coffs, Gae. My wife grew up there and her parents still live there.

Yes Sparky! I've been here for 50 years now so may know your in-laws! Maybe even your wife if she went to school with any of my 4 sons! Great place! Do you visit often?

Gae

Yes Sparky! I've been here for 50 years now so may know your in-laws! Maybe even your wife if she went to school with any of my 4 sons! Great place! Do you visit often?

Gae

My wife's name is Cathryn and her parents are Malcolm and Hazel Ford. They are both retired primary school teachers so they get down to Taree more often then we get up to Coffs. We use most of our holidays for cruising but we might squeeze in another dash North before the end of the year.

My wife's name is Cathryn and her parents are Malcolm and Hazel Ford. They are both retired primary school teachers so they get down to Taree more often then we get up to Coffs. We use most of our holidays for cruising but we might squeeze in another dash North before the end of the year.

No, don't know them! My boys obviously didn't go to the school where they were teaching!

I live down at the Jetty area though don't have the $$$$'s to have a sea-view though it's just 200 metres away if I want to walk to the top of the nearest hill. Not happening whilst my knee is still playing up after total knee replacement :(

Gae

I only live about 40 minutes from Eden.

What would be nice is that Royal comes to Eden & lets me embark there, would save me about a 6.5 hour drive to Sydney, the cost of a Sydney hotel for the night prior & Sydney parking fees.

Oh well, doesn't hurt to dream!!:D