Ship departure

houseofmouse

Hi we are hoping to go on our first disney cruise in June 2015 :) I have been looking at flights and wondered if there is an option (like on RCI) to depart the ship first if you walk off with your luggage?

It would settle my mind if I knew we could be off quickly without having to collect luggage etc.

I think it's called express departure. You don't put your luggage out, and walk off as soon as the brow is open and ship has cleared customs. It's early,and there will be a line waiting for the brow to open. We are typicaly in the car and driving within 10 minutes of walking off ship.

If youa re using Disney's bus ride they fill up first off first on the bus. Not sure what time the busses start running. Depending on your airport/departure time, they assign times for you to leave. Express walk off would put you off first.

Edited by N41EF

Hi thanks for the replies, I wasn't vey clear in my first post!

We will be departing the ship in Copenhagen so will need to get to copenhagen airport! We did the early departure off of indie when we went with RCI and were off the ship in no time at all. So hoping it will work the same for disney.

Hi thanks for the replies, I wasn't vey clear in my first post!

We will be departing the ship in Copenhagen so will need to get to copenhagen airport! We did the early departure off of indie when we went with RCI and were off the ship in no time at all. So hoping it will work the same for disney.

I don't think Disney has ever ported out of Copenhagen before. I do know that when we sailed the EBTA to Barcelona, they didn't recommend any flights before 12pm - but the airport was a fair distance from the port, so that might have had something to do with it. You might get a better response on asking about general disembarkation and flight times on the Northern European ports board - there appear to be some locals on that board that might be able to help better with Copenhagen specifically.

As for getting off early - you can take all your bags off with you (don't put anything out the night before). Depending on the port, you might need to ask at Guest Services if there's anything special you need to do - I know in Barcelona they weren't calling groups in 2011 (it was just like Port Canaveral - leave when you want to) but apparently other ports are small enough that they have to limit the number of passengers disembarking at any time. There are usually a fair number of people trying to leave as soon as the doors open, so you probably won't be alone!

Enjoy your cruise!

In Barcelona, the airport is 20-30 minutes from the cruise terminal--much closer than in Port Canaveral. As above, DCL has never had a disembarkation in Copenhagen. However. they strive to keep their system the same as far as they can control, and in EVERY port they have express departure.

The normal recommendation in their European ports has been no flights before 12:00. They did provide an early departure option in Barcelona as many flights to the US leave before 10:30. We were asked to register at Guest Services and were provided with continental breakfast in Fathoms and a 6 am departure. DCL transfers were available and at least 2 buses were designated for those with flights before 10:30.