Sunshine cabin 8102 right next to bridge?

gatorchinsky

We are currently booked in cabin 8102 on the Sunshine. Our DS (10) is really into cruise ships and picked this cabin because he wants to be able to look into bridge from balcony. My DH and I are a little hesitant because we are not sure about privacy. It's not like we will not be dressed or anything on the balcony but may be a little more concerned with the noise factor. Can anyone reassure me with their experiences with balcony cabins right next to the bridge? Thank you.

There won't be much to see except in ports or narrow channels. The bridge wings are used in those situations, otherwise all the activity is in the center of the bridge. Someone may take a stroll out to a bridge wing, but all the activity will be in the center of the bridge unless docking, tendering or navigating narrow channels.

• 7 months later...
We are currently booked in cabin 8102 on the Sunshine. Our DS (10) is really into cruise ships and picked this cabin because he wants to be able to look into bridge from balcony. My DH and I are a little hesitant because we are not sure about privacy. It's not like we will not be dressed or anything on the balcony but may be a little more concerned with the noise factor. Can anyone reassure me with their experiences with balcony cabins right next to the bridge? Thank you.

If he really wants to see the bridge and other areas of the ship take him on the behind the fun tour ,You have to book it at the shore excursions desk as soon as you board the ship ,but it is a great tour .He will get to meet the captain and get a picture w/him on the bridge,you also get several other goodies for going on the tour .