Hotel La Terraza Redeems Itself

cavydad

The La Terraza Hotel went beyond my expectations in resolving a problem!

I am rescinding notices that I placed on Tripadvisor and Cruise Critic telling everyone to avoid Hotel La Terraza.

Franklin Rivera, the manager somehow found our phone number and called to resolve our problem with the hotel. Most would have shrugged their shoulders and ignored the problem. But this hotel cares about their guests and the hotel's reputation.

The problem was Expedia called and told us the reservation we had booked and fully paid for in March and fully had been cancelled in September. The blame was on the hotel and we were told nothing could be done. At least Expedia refunded my payment for the room.

The hotel manager told rooms were available. We are traveling at the end of January and the hotel generally does not book rooms this far out. He also told us that Expedia told him we were booking the room for only one night even though we had paid for two nights. During the high season the hotel has a two night minimum. Very curious as we had paid for two nights. They also said we had booked a queen bedded room even though I had paid for a king bed.

The hotel manager told us he was calling every one who had an Expedia reservation that had been cancelled and was trying to correct the mess that Expedia had created.

The manager has called us more than three times to insure that we were happy and has worked with us in selecting a king bedded room. He is also matching the price we paid Expedia.

Kudos to the hotel for going out of their way to correct what had been a problem.

Lesson learned - book directly with the hotel and not with a travel consolidator such as Expedia.