A few Questions

Atlantagaguy

It has been at least 10 years since my last cruise. From what I have read here there has been a lot of changes to cruising. I have never traveled Norwegian. Just a few questions I have if anyone would care to answer. First let me tell you that I am traveling alone on Epic ship and I will be staying in one of the solo studio cabins. Do I need to plan in advance for the shows and dinners? I don’t want to be excluded and not get to see the shows at night because I didn’t plan, but then again I was hoping to meet others and then make that decision. Are the dining rooms assigned seating or do you just show up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

If there is a show you really want to see I would say book it ahead, if you want to change it you can do that onboard.

For dinners, there's no pre-set seating, you go in with the people that you want to eat with and you get a table to yourselves. Every night there will be a solo meeting in the studio lounge, and people will decide to go eat somewhere as a group. You can join or go and do your own thing.

Enjoy!

It has been at least 10 years since my last cruise. From what I have read here there has been a lot of changes to cruising. I have never traveled Norwegian. Just a few questions I have if anyone would care to answer. First let me tell you that I am traveling alone on Epic ship and I will be staying in one of the solo studio cabins. Do I need to plan in advance for the shows and dinners? I don’t want to be excluded and not get to see the shows at night because I didn’t plan, but then again I was hoping to meet others and then make that decision. Are the dining rooms assigned seating or do you just show up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

With NCL freestyle, your experience will be very similar to a land based resort experience. You have the option of making advance reservations for dinner and shows but it isn't required. Alternatively you can make reservations once you are on the ship. You will have seating for dining at your own table of one or with others you meet onboard if that is what you wish. If your are used to the regimented environment on other cruise lines and are more of a free spirit kind of person, you are going to be very pleased and surprised.

If you can book the shows you want to see before you leave home I'd suggest you do. A few of the blue man group shows were sold out on last weeks cruise & the dream girls.

The resturants you can book while on board there's plenty of screens about the ship that show you what's full & when's available.

If you can book the shows you want to see before you leave home I'd suggest you do. A few of the blue man group shows were sold out on last weeks cruise & the dream girls.

The resturants you can book while on board there's plenty of screens about the ship that show you what's full & when's available.