Spending money

Baxterburdis

This question may seem a little odd but could anyone advise me how much spending money i should take on a 11 night carribean QM2 cruise. I have saved roughly $7000 and as its an aniversary and birthday celebration i dont want to worry about not having enough money. I'm thinking a bottle of wine with meals a few bottles of decent champagne and a couple of spa treatments.......any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

This question may seem a little odd but could anyone advise me how much spending money i should take on a 11 night carribean QM2 cruise. I have saved roughly $7000 and as its an aniversary and birthday celebration i dont want to worry about not having enough money. I'm thinking a bottle of wine with meals a few bottles of decent champagne and a couple of spa treatments.......any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Hopefully you'll have money for shopping on the ship and islands! The QE2 had some unique items in the shops for a reasonable price. Swarovski was priced well among other jewelry items. Also, my in-laws shop for bargains on gold and precious stone jewelry when they go to the islands.

dtwtraveller would you reccomend that i put a little more to one side for this trip then?

Also you mention precious stones ....... i have heard that there is an island in the carribean that is perticularly good for pink diamonds would you know which this is, i have bought the trip and spends for his suprise 30th birthday pressie and it is my birthday a few weeks after we get back so i can see an oppertunity to get a nice pressie from him.

dtwtraveller would you reccomend that i put a little more to one side for this trip then?

Also you mention precious stones ....... i have heard that there is an island in the carribean that is perticularly good for pink diamonds would you know which this is, i have bought the trip and spends for his suprise 30th birthday pressie and it is my birthday a few weeks after we get back so i can see an oppertunity to get a nice pressie from him.

I'll check with my inlaws whom I consider experts on this topic. He's purchased RADO watches at a bargain (we compared his price with Switzerland's, and he got a better price on the islands!). She's purchased may types of gold pieces and enhancers for her gold collar - all with beautiful stones!

hey dtwtraveller from your message on the earlier transatlantic review thread it looks like we may be going on the same trip 8/12 cant come quick enough for me it'll be the first holiday my hubbie and i have had scince the birth of our twin boys (whom are staying at there grans house to give us some well deserved R & R).

hey dtwtraveller from your message on the earlier transatlantic review thread it looks like we may be going on the same trip 8/12 cant come quick enough for me it'll be the first holiday my hubbie and i have had scince the birth of our twin boys (whom are staying at there grans house to give us some well deserved R & R).

I meant to ask you the same question. Yes, we are on the 12/8 cruise, and we're getting very exited about it! It's 112 days and counting! Have you signed up on the roll call for this cruise? There's more and more people adding their names to it. We'll be on the 11th deck, and we'll hopefully have no problems with dizziness, etc. Which one are you on?

I spoke with my sister-in-law and she hasn't heard of any islands that are known for selling pink diamonds. She thinks that you need to be very careful about buying diamonds, because you don't know if the price is really good. She mentioned that "Diamonds International" is a well-known, reliable company. They have stores on some of the islands. She also said that there is a store owned by Tiffany with a different name on some of the islands.

Archived