Car Rental Comapny with Shuttle to Port?

NayaSantaFe

We will be in San Juan in April for a cruise, but will be staying in Fajardo the night before the cruise to visit the Bio Bay and El Yunque. I am thinking of renting the car at the airport and return it somehwere near the port. I am looking at Enterprise at Condado Plaza, but would like other options if available.

The main thing is that I need to be taken to the port after dropping off the car...can anyone recommend companies with this service?

We will be in San Juan in April for a cruise, but will be staying in Fajardo the night before the cruise to visit the Bio Bay and El Yunque. I am thinking of renting the car at the airport and return it somehwere near the port. I am looking at Enterprise at Condado Plaza, but would like other options if available.

The main thing is that I need to be taken to the port after dropping off the car...can anyone recommend companies with this service?

You won't find one that has a shuttle. The taxi drivers in SJ have a lot of power and in order to make sure their income is secure, they do not let anyone have free shuttles. Not even hotels. We got caught up in a big demonstration/strike at the airport several years ago when one of the beer companies tried to have a free shuttle during San Sabastion Festival. But if you return your car to the airport, you can easily catch a taxi to the port for about 18 to 20 $.

We did rent at the enterprise at the Condado Plaza and yes they did take me to the port after I had returned the car. They did not really have a shuttle but they just had one of their employees take me. In fact they told me if I wanted to just call them they would be happy to come and get me when we got off the cruise also (we rented the same van for a couple of days after also) So yes they will transport you. We had a big group so we just did our running around then I went and returned the car instead of them trying to fit us all and our luggage and they just dropped me off. It was painless. We are using them again in January. Just FYI it was cheaper for us to get in a taxi and go to that location when we get there then come back to the airport and pick up luggage and group and head to Fajardo... than renting at the airport (airport location rates are higher plus you would have a drop off charge)