Clarification of Past-Passenger Discount for 12/8

dtwtraveler

I checked with Cunard and found out that each category receives a different past-passenger discount. The reason that we are all receiving varying amounts of new discounts is because the TA's are adjusting our fares to charge us no more that Cunard is charging customers. We're receiving a check for $839.54 to bring our amount down to $5160.46 which is the exact amount Cunard is charging. The past-passenger discount for a B2 is $1700 off of the original brochure price of $4249 plus $67.23 for a fee or tax charge - I don't remember exactly what it's for. A B4 discount is $1518, but I don't know what the added fee is for it, but I don't think that it is higher than the 67.23 for a B2 category. She also said that the TA receives credit for this discount even if Cunard has received the final TA payment for the client. She said that they usually don't offer past-passenger discounts until a few months before the cruise.

So this means that I spent time months ago checking with various TA's, and I'm not receiving any kind of discount from my TA! Is this how it normally works, or is it just my bad luck?:confused:

We also checked with both Cunard, and our travel agency.

It seems that Cunard has three levels of discounts. The first was for early booking, the second for past passengers, and the third for past QM2 passengers exclusively.

This third level seems to be the heavily discounted one (including some very nice on-board credits, all depending on cabin category).

Unfortunately, we only qualify for the second level. However, we are not complaining. This will be a great sailing!

Cheers!

Cunard uses the following rate programs:

Past Passenger (for any sailing on a Carnival Corp owned ship)

Regional Promotions (geographic in nature)

Early Booking Savings

Group rates

Flash Rates (last minute clearance... new bookings only)

I have a file drawer full of 2006 sailings which have past passenger rates available. You must be able to furnish a past passenger number to the travel agent or the Cunard agent. These rates will only show on our screens if an applicable number is entered.

More fares are coming out NOT including air. Be careful when you ask for a quote.

Archived