Carnival sensation

beshears

I have done many cruises on Carnival for the 7 days.

If you have done the 4 day cruise on the Sensation within the past 6 months, is there "1" formal night? I thought I had read that there was, but wanted to make sure.

I know most or all people on the 4 day cruises don't want to dress up, but we do, so that is why I ask if there was one formal night?

We just got back from a B2B2B2B on the Sensation, yes there is a formal night & these were the worst cruises we have ever taken. Have had 38 32 of them being in the last two years.

Don't expect much & be ready for anything. I just cancelled our Nov B2B2B on her & replaced it with the Pride.

Char

I will say, if your only experience with Carnival is on 7 day sailings, prepare to be disappointed on the sensation.

I agree totally. The crowd on a 3/4 day cruise is WAY different than what you get on a 7-day cruise. It's mostly a party crowd. The amenities onboard these Fantasy class ships is FAR below what you will find on the larger ones. It will be a much different experience compared to one of the larger ships on the longer voyages.

Having said that, I still like these short cruises. They make for a fun weekend. We're going on this very ship (Sensation) next month. But it is definitely a different type of experience from the larger ships and the longer itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree totally. The crowd on a 3/4 day cruise is WAY different than what you get on a 7-day cruise. It's mostly a party crowd. The amenities onboard these Fantasy class ships is FAR below what you will find on the larger ones. It will be a much different experience compared to one of the larger ships on the longer voyages.

Having said that, I still like these short cruises. They make for a fun weekend. We're going on this very ship (Sensation) next month. But it is definitely a different type of experience from the larger ships and the longer itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yup! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I will say, if your only experience with Carnival is on 7 day sailings, prepare to be disappointed on the sensation.

It is different - I LOVE the Sensation though. I thought I'd be disappointed too after only cruising 7 nights on the Carnival Dream and RC Freedom of the Seas. Turns out, the Sensation is my favorite, so much so that we are getting married on it in June! My RC snob fiance ;) even loved it. Go have fun, you may be surprised!

We just got back from a B2B2B2B on the Sensation, yes there is a formal night & these were the worst cruises we have ever taken. Have had 38 32 of them being in the last two years.

Don't expect much & be ready for anything. I just cancelled our Nov B2B2B on her & replaced it with the Pride.

Char

I'm sorry you had a bad time. We did a B2B on the Sensation a couple years ago. After having done mostly 7 night cruises I was nervous about the 3 and 4 day crowd. This turned out to be for nothing, because both cruises were fantastic. The 3 day crowd was actually a very relaxed bunch. These B2B cruises are probably in my top 3 for my favorite cruises.

I'm sorry you had a bad time. We did a B2B on the Sensation a couple years ago. After having done mostly 7 night cruises I was nervous about the 3 and 4 day crowd. This turned out to be for nothing, because both cruises were fantastic. The 3 day crowd was actually a very relaxed bunch. These B2B cruises are probably in my top 3 for my favorite cruises.

Believe me we have sailed her a number of times still stay in touch with the GS Manager also the CD past & present. We have done a number of B2B2B'S ON HER.

I would not call the last 14 days a relaxed bunch BUT A BUNCH of something. Just got home Sunday

Never again after we do these B2B2B's the first of Oct. Would cancel them but have family coming in from Calif just for this cruise. It will also be our Diamond cruise & if we did it on an other ship WE WOULD CATCH IT from too many of the Staff & crew. They have a plan.

Char

Edited by mommom of 7

We have been on the Sensation many times and not once did it have a “party crowd”.

We have been on eight day cruises and the experience is the same just shorter.

The Sensation still has the old type of stage shows in the main lounge which is nice.

The Sensation does not have the large outside TV screen. However it does have water works. Which ships like the Liberty and Freedom do not have.

Edited by near the beach

We have been on the Sensation many times and not once did it have a “party crowd”.

We have been on eight day cruises and the experience is the same just shorter.

The Sensation still has the old type of stage shows in the main lounge which is nice.

The Sensation does not have the large outside TV screen. However it does have water works. Which ships like the Liberty and Freedom do not have.

Luck was with you as it was with us until these last four.

Maybe it was the price drop the last two weeks? We paid $219. & just before we got on ship it was going for $109.

I hope that it will be a good cruise. Just don't expect much & you will have a great surprise.

The STAFF & CREW ARE OVER THE TOP. The food was great best prime rib we have ever had was on the Lido Buffet the four day formal night. It was awesome.

MD' will go out of his way for you.

Just keep your eyes closed & your ears turned off, & you will be fine.:eek:

Char

Been on the Sensation before twice and other short sailings. Yes the crowd most certainly does get dressed up for formal night. Including my family. And I honestly saw no difference in the party atmosphere between the 4 day (as recent as last year) and the 8-day I did last month. NONE. Obviously everyone has a different experience, but having done short cruises on the Sensation, Imagination, and Fascination, I never thought the crowd was decidedly more wild than guests of longer trips. Maybe on the 3-day trips perhaps.

The Sensation is well kept and one of my favorites. Try it. Don't think you would be disappointed.