Taking on your own snacks?

yamsi12

We always bring some sweets with us (think Halloween size candy). We like to share it with our Cabin Steward. We leave them a couple three dollars each day along with some Snickers, M&Ms, Milky Way, etc.. I don't know if they have access to our American candy and we really just like to share it with them.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they probably don't like our American candy. Most foreigners don't because chocolate where they come from is 1000% better.

We always bring some sweets with us (think Halloween size candy). We like to share it with our Cabin Steward. We leave them a couple three dollars each day along with some Snickers, M&Ms, Milky Way, etc.. I don't know if they have access to our American candy and we really just like to share it with them.

Do you hand the items to the steward or leave them for them in the room? I've tried leaving stuff for them before and they don't take them. Should I leave a note? Sometimes we don't see them in person everyday and I'm wondering how to let them know they should take something. Even at hotels I've left notes with stuff, but they may not speak English, so they don't take them! I was planning to take a few things like you suggested, how should I handle that? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always bring some sweets with us (think Halloween size candy). We like to share it with our Cabin Steward.

I like to take these onshore and share with the locals. The pesky vendor on the beach?----give him a pack of skittles or starburst and it quiets them right down! Shopkeepers, tourist police, taxi driver, they all brighten up when you give them a bag or two. No chocolates, they melt in the back pack.

Just something I like to do. :)

Back to the OP, wife always takes a Costco jug of mixed nuts.

Do you hand the items to the steward or leave them for them in the room? I've tried leaving stuff for them before and they don't take them. Should I leave a note? Sometimes we don't see them in person everyday and I'm wondering how to let them know they should take something. Even at hotels I've left notes with stuff, but they may not speak English, so they don't take them! I was planning to take a few things like you suggested, how should I handle that? Thanks in advance!

we leave it on the bed with a note- printed

Going to Costco this weekend and wll be buying a thing of gum (I know it is not a food... but still kinda a snack) and some type of assorted nuts. No need for either because of the abundance of food, but still nice to the comfort of the things we like.