Carnival Beach Getaway in Freeport

hawaiibound24

In Freeport, Carnival offers 3 versions of a Beach Getaway for $35, $50, and $70. The only difference is what is included (open bar or "all inclusive"). Which is the best deal? I am thinking the open bar might be worth $15, but not sure the food is worth $20. Also, which beach does this take you to? Can you get there by taxi on your own?

In Freeport, Carnival offers 3 versions of a Beach Getaway for $35, $50, and $70. The only difference is what is included (open bar or "all inclusive"). Which is the best deal? I am thinking the open bar might be worth $15, but not sure the food is worth $20. Also, which beach does this take you to? Can you get there by taxi on your own?

I'm also considering to take this excursion. From the information I gathered on this board and reviews on the excursion webpages, this beach is Taino Beach. One post here said it's a timeshare Carnival owns, because you can even use your S&S card there. While another post said it's Taino beach Resort (however, the reviews on the excursion webpages never mentioned pools that are very close to the beach according to the poster, so I highly doubt it). http://www.tainobeach.com/home.html

From the reviews for all inclusive package, I saw many ppl were happy about the lunch and some weren't, which is quite understandable. I decided not to pay for all inclusive, because the whole excursion only last 4:30 hours, which means we will probably come back to the port around 1pm, if we choose to start at 8:30. Then I really don't have to do lunch there. One review said they ordered $2 french fries and there are a lot.

And yes you can get to Taino Beach by taxi. It may not be the area this excursion goes though. The famous Junkanoo Beach Club is on Taino Beach too. http://www.junkanoobeachfreeport.com/transportation/

Edited by Peppa26