early

cruise6

IF I ARRIVE AT THE DOCK AT ABOUT 11:00 how long will i have to wait till im on board caribbean princess

Under normal circumstances I'd guess about an hour.

If a bunch of Cruise Connection busses drop their passengers right before you get there, if the ship is late disembarking the last batch of passengers for any of a number of reasons or if you're just unlucky, maybe an hour and a half.

Once they open the doors, usually between 11:45 and 12:00, things move along quickly though. Princess has an excellent reputation in the Embarkation area.

If a train leaves L A traveling at ---------- - seriously, it depends on a lot of factors - what time they open the doors - how many are in line ahead of you - are you platinum or elite - are you handicapped - this is a question that has several answers - none of them correct.

Ron

As someone said Princess pretty much has the boarding part down and the lines move pretty fast. We have always been on by 12:15, when getting to the port this early. If for some reason, it is a bit slower, it can be a lot of fun watching the other passengers.

Carol

If you are platinum - then - when they open the doors look for a sign (it may be hidden) for a special line for platinum and elite - it is usually just passed the regular line - and will allow you faster access through the lines.

Ron

Not sure about special suite or platinum privileges at embarkation, but from our experience on this past cruise (8/6), we arrived at the port at approximately 10:45 and there were only a few people ahead of us. We got in the door about an hour later and were in our cabins by about 12:15 or so. The wait was not bad. We spent the wait in the shade and passed the time talking to new friends. :)

on all the ships i've been on the suite members and platinum member were the same line...sometimes the line is really convenient and sometimes it can be longer than the others! even with long lines princess is still excellent at moving them through quickly...

The answer is really more related to when they open the doors to the embarkation area. If that is done, as is typical, around 11:30 or noon, and if, as is also typical, a pretty significant line has formed under the portico, I would imagine it would take about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes from the time embarkation is begun to the time you are signing the first charge on your cruise card.

im a platnium member

:eek: If you are a platinum member, then obviously it's not your first cruise. You've seen the variables which can speed or delay embarkation. You know what it's like.....and you've sailed with Princess before.

Why are you asking us? :rolleyes: You are the expert....we should be asking you!

IF I ARRIVE AT THE DOCK AT ABOUT 11:00 how long will i have to wait till im on board caribbean princess

Hello, cruise6...

Sorry that you received some un-helpful answers here!

When I cruised on the CB, I arrived at the port at about 11am and I was on board at about 12:15pm. (This is approximately the same time range with other Princess cruises that I have taken, which port from Port Everglades).

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful cruise!

:eek: If you are a platinum member ...

Why are you asking us? :rolleyes: You are the expert....we should be asking you!

kevinsac,

I didn't say I was a platinum member. I've cruised with Princess once before but have booked a suite for our next cruise. Everything I've read says that one of the amenities of suite occupants is priority embarkation (or whatever their wording is). Thanks for the replies!

I've read that suite occupants get priority embarkation (like platinum & elite members). Do they have a placed marked for them or do they use the same line as platinum and elite? :rolleyes:

Yes, sort of. But, you will still be waiting in the same line under the portico outside the embarkation lounge if you arrive before the doors open.

Once inside, there will be a separate area for those with mobility problems, those who have reserved suites, and for platinum, etc. members.

Honestly, it is not much of a perk, because ALL of the lines move very, very quickly.

Archived