Review Celebrity Equinox b2b Med June 2014

gillsjottings

I have created a blog of our Celebrity Equinox back-to-back cruises. We did the Adriatic to Aegean, leaving from Venice and ending in Istanbul, and then the Greek Odyssey, leaving from Istanbul and ending in Rome. We then continued on our travels through Europe, by train, ending in Amsterdam.

I was going to reproduce the cruise part of the blog here, but it became so time-consuming moving the photos, I thought it would be easier to direct anyone who is interested in reading about our experiences of these cruises to the blog, which can be found here.

We did the Silhouette in the Med in June so I'm very interested in reading your blog. I did start reading but am confused about who is on the trip with you? I don't see this info anywhere and it would be easier to understand some of your comments if I knew more about your travelmates. Thanks!

Cathy

I have created a blog of our Celebrity Equinox back-to-back cruises. We did the Adriatic to Aegean, leaving from Venice and ending in Istanbul, and then the Greek Odyssey, leaving from Istanbul and ending in Rome. We then continued on our travels through Europe, by train, ending in Amsterdam.

I was going to reproduce the cruise part of the blog here, but it became so time-consuming moving the photos, I thought it would be easier to direct anyone who is interested in reading about our experiences of these cruises to the blog, which can be found here.

I am starting to read your blog. We are going to do Venice after our transatlantic. You mentioned taxi a private taxi, which seems like the best idea. How did you book this? The hotel also seems very reasonably priced in comparison to others I have seen. Can you tell me a little bit more about the hotel>? Was the bed comfortable?

I did start reading but am confused about who is on the trip with you? I don't see this info anywhere and it would be easier to understand some of your comments

Sorry Cathy, I never thought of that! We were a group of 7 for the first leg, my Dad - Neil and his lady-friend - Astrid, my daughter - Paula, and my BFF and her husband - Lisa and Trev, and then my husband - Grant and myself - Gill. Lisa and Trev didn't do the second cruise.

Did you try the GastroBar? Wine and beer selection?
We went to the Gastro bar once, just for a quick drink. Unfortunately I didn't look too hard at the selection as we knew what we were after. It's a really nice venue though.

You mentioned taxi a private taxi, which seems like the best idea. How did you book this? The hotel also seems very reasonably priced in comparison to others I have seen. Can you tell me a little bit more about the hotel>?

We booked the private taxi through the hotel. It was the BEST way to arrive at the hotel - fun and also so easy. (Our friends Lisa and Trevor arrived from the UK and didn't organise a taxi and they had a bit of a battle dragging their luggage over the bridges and struggled to find the hotel I gather)

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Hotel Becher again, the location was fantastic, a quick walk to St Mark's square and an easy walk to the Rialto bridge and all the other sights and yet in a quiet location, off the tourist path. For location alone I would stay there!

The hotel is small, cute, clean, with comfortable beds, and very friendly, helpful staff. Plush, big, fancy and 5-star type of luxurious it is not. The decor is very Venetian, which may be off-putting to some, but I found it perfectly suited to the location. You are in Venice after all :)

We stayed in a triple room (my husband, daughter and I) and it turned out that we had 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms in our own little "suite", which was a very pleasant surprise!

A tip, if you do stay at Hotel Becher, you can ask them to lay out Prosecco (or other drinks) and olives on the jetty for you, for sundowners. It was so much fun to sit on the private jetty and watch the gondolas go by and a great way to start our vacation. (We did have to pay for the drinks)

My daughter left her ipad at the hotel and they sent it on to our Rome hotel by courier for us, which I thought was great service.

So, yes, Hotel Becher gets a thumbs up from us :)

• 3 months later...

Thanks so much from the helpful information on your blog.

We have booked our first ever cruise (Mediterranean) on the Equinox in August, so in the planning stages.

May I ask which particular trip you did in Corfu?

Thanks

Jules