Regal or Royal Cabin Lido 214

BillyBoat

We have it booked for a July British Isles cruise, so we would be interested as well. When do you sail? if it's before July, please report back on how it was. This will be our first experience sailing in an inside cabin.

We are in L210 on October 25th-November 4th (Royal). We have some reservations about the same issue but am not too worried as it isn't the same as being under the main pool area.

I will be reviewing our cruise and will speak to this issue. I post my reviews on both the main board as well as the ship one.

Ray

Hi everyone,

I know this might be info that does not really pertain to Princess but I'll just throw it out there just in case.

DH & I just returned from a Norway Fjord trip on the HAL Rotterdam in cabin 7053 on Navigation deck right under the Retreat area.

Our suggestion if Princess is anything like HAL, RUN.

This cabin was extremely noisy. Passengers and/or crew moving and dragging chairs/tables all day. Tried to get moved but ship was full.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go there.

Mac

Our cruise(s) are 11/9/14 and 11/16/14...b2b. We will let you know about any noise problem in L214. The reason we thought this cabin might not have the expected dragging of tables and chair noise is that it is DIRECTLY under the pool. Time will tell !

Billy

We were in L227 on Regal, so while not directly under very close. The retreat area was very quite and the deck is "padded" with an astro turf material so it would deaden most sounds I would think.

We were on the second sailing if that helps.

• 11 months later...
Has anyone ever stayed in cabin L214 on Regal or Royal ? This cabin is directly under the Retreat Pool and we were wondering if this is a "good thing" or a "bad thing" . Noise level is our main concern.

Thank you in advance...

Billy

We were in Lido 205 on our Regal cruise in April. Not an inside cabin but still under the retreat pool area and no noise issues at all.

We are in L210 on October 25th-November 4th (Royal). We have some reservations about the same issue but am not too worried as it isn't the same as being under the main pool area.

I will be reviewing our cruise and will speak to this issue. I post my reviews on both the main board as well as the ship one.

Ray

As mentioned above, we were in L205 on Regal in April. Pretty much same cabin category and location but on the opposite side of the ship. I'm happy to post to cabin picks, if you'd like, just let me know?...

We stayed in L222 on the Regal and L221 on the Royal, most recently on the British Isles cruise in August and one morning we heard a few chairs being moved around - that was all we heard during the 10 day cruise. Wouldn't hesitate with your cabin choice. Very doubtful you will be disturbed by any sounds. Have a fun cruise, we loved the Royal.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures but that's a different type of room than what I have booked. That room looks like the deluxe balcony that we had the last time on the Royal.

I have a sideways inside booked for next year.

Edited by akeasley

Thanks so much for posting the pictures but that's a different type of room than what I have booked. That room looks like the deluxe balcony that we had the last time on the Royal.

I have a sideways inside booked for next year.

Yes, I know you have an inside. I originally responded with an offer to post pics to someone else on this thread that did not have an inside, but when you asked to see pics...well...I just delivered. :) Sorry I don't have pics of the inside. Perhaps someone else does. In any case, I still don't think you'll have any noise issues and I've seen lots of positive comments about the sideways, inside cabins.