cruise prices

I have been watching the prices of a November cruise. A couple of weeks ago the price fell. I didn't book it then as it was just before we were due to go on another cruise. Since coming back I have noticed a steady rise in the price. I just wondered if anyone knew if there were certain days or times when Thomson was more likely to change their website prices.

Algorithms.

You'd need to have access to Thomson's one to know how prices are decided.

Best advice I can give is to buy when the price is one you are happy with.

For you it was, probably, "A couple of weeks ago".

Realise it's now a constant stand off between suppliers and consumers with each trying to get the best from any deal.

For suppliers who have reached a profit situation it is better to not further discount because that will discourage the very late bookers and perhaps make them purchase earlier.

We considered booking Eastern Venture on 13th. I looked in the morning and it was £587 for the 9 night cruise. Great value I thought. When I looked in the afternoon it was £541 so I booked it. Swings and roundabouts I think. If you see a price you like, go for it - good luck!!

everytime someone books online, the web price goes up slightly....if there has been no bookings for a couple of days/weeks the web price goes back down again, its supply and demand

there are hidden price hikes too, sometimes they alter the cabin supplements or add/take away the ai price or add web offer codes to bring the price down/up for a short time

in my experience (generally) the prices are higher when the new brochures come out after that the fares dont move very much for months untill a couple of months before sailing when they either come down a lot or go up a lot depending on demand

its what they call dynamic pricing:(