If I book an inside room through ES, can I upgrade without penalty?

AidenandCasensMommy

I am looking at booking an interior room for 4 with ES. If a better price comes along, can I upgrade to an oceanview or balcony? Or will I only be able to get onboard credit?

You can even upgrade within the same class of room. Such as going from an inside cabin on Deck 1 to Deck 6. After all Carnival is always more than happy to take some more of your money.

You can even upgrade within the same class of room. Such as going from an inside cabin on Deck 1 to Deck 6. After all Carnival is always more than happy to take some more of your money.

LOL, I've never had an inside room but my MIL wants to go so it will be me, her & my 2 children sharing a room. :eek: She can't afford a balcony. So, I'm hoping if we book inside, we can upgrade if there is a price drop! Fingers, toes crossed! ;)

I booked an IS on Splendor with ES. You need the check rates once or twice a week and see if there are price drops where you can upgrade for free. During a 3 day sale in August I noticed an Ocean View rate for the same price we paid for our IS, so we switched. We could still choose our cabin, which is important to me....been burned with a 'guarantee cabin' before and ended up under the galley.

After the sale the OV prices went back up, so it pays to be diligent.