Beirut

sweby

I noticed that this is on one of the itineraries and wondered why? Anyone going? Seems to be surrounded by countries at war.

Sweby

We have just booked Eastern Venture on Spirit which is going there. The itinerary for the 9 days is: Land at Dalaman Turkey, transfer to Spirit Marmaris, Sea Day, Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi Turkey, Rhodes, Alanya Turkey, Larnaca Cyprus, Beirut Lebanon and Limassol Cyprus to fly home.

Somehow I think there will be a change or two. Whether we find out before we board is another matter.

It is a cruise and we are going to enjoy it, wherever we end up. They won't put us in danger.

You have a brilliant itinerary, and I know if there are issues Thomson won't be calling in. If it does call there let us know the places of interest as this port will be new to many.

We 'nipped' in and out of Egypt during their troubles not once but twice. It saddens me to see so many troubles in the Middle East.

Sweby

We are already doing larnaca, and limassol is the end, don't think there are any more ports in cyprus, and most of the excursions from larnaca are the same as offered the last time we went to limassol on a cruise, they probably slow us down and try put another sea day in

We are already doing larnaca, and limassol is the end, don't think there are any more ports in cyprus, and most of the excursions from larnaca are the same as offered the last time we went to limassol on a cruise, they probably slow us down and try put another sea day in

maybe a circular tour of Cyprus LOL, maybe a shuffle around with the last few days.

making it a sea day from Larnaca to Limassol would be taking the pxxx ,Thom's usually pretty good at coming up with alternative ports, sea days dont generate excursion money.

we will find out when we get there

We are on the fortnight after you Gill, I am guessing that we will be going to Larnaca, instead of Beirut.

Been looking at the map to see where they might send you, Crete and the other Islands are too far out from Alanya, you might go to Paphos, which would be nice.

Does anyone know if Thomson have ever used Paphos? Haphag Lloyd and Amazara are using it in October, so it will take biggish Ships.

Spok to someone in the cruise programme change dept nothing official yet but i got the impression she thinks it will be cancelled and we should hear something soon, someone posted on fbook the manger at her ta says no problem with beiruit, i hope not its red on the fo map