Bye bye buffet?

SeaShark

..."Guests will able to enjoy their meals in a setting featuring high tables, communal benches and comfortable banquettes."...

Never like sitting hip to hip with strangers at banquettes -- too hard to get in and out, and little privacy for conversation.

..."high tables". I am SO over them! I'm short and getting older and really prefer to sit down instead of having to climb up."

Me Too!!:D Too easy to fall off the high chair.

With as busy as the buffet is, it's hard to imagine that they could get rid of it.

I personally don't eat much there, but find myself spending time in there with my DH who has 2 hollow legs. We could have just left the dining room and he'll say, "Let's take a stroll through the buffet just to see what's in there!" And then he'll eat a plate or 2 of food.

The option to take a little bit of several different things is appealing to many folks and I just don't think it's a good idea to remove the buffet from the major cruise lines.

..."A cruise line is already set to try this concept. RCI's Quantum of the Seas will completely eliminate the big MDR in favor of 5 or so smaller complimentary venues, each of which has their own set menus and ambiance, steakhouse, Italian, etc. Only one is formal, the rest casual."

I could live with this! We usually do the buffet for breakfast and lunch, but go to the MDR's for dinner. Like to just sit at breakfast by a window with lots of coffee and watch the sea go by.:)