gibraltar dolphin watching tour

Hmm, well my husband's family live in Gibraltar as did my husband when he was young apparently when out in boats they have often had fantastic displays from the dolphins which swim alongside. However a couple of years back in May we did one of these tours, it was cooler than normal for May and the water was a bit choppy. We saw not a single dolphin and got soaked through to the skin and freezing cold to boot. 😱 So since you don't need to book the tours I would suggest playing it by ear, if you are lucky enough to get a calm pleasant day (and you may well do) I gather it's a great trip. If however it's not such a good day and the sea is a bit choppy I can't say I would recommend it.

We were in Gibraltar a couple of years ago in early September and were able to see dolphins as we were leaving the port on the cruise ship.We were on the port side and the dolphins were keeping up with the ship.They were jumping and talking. The dolphins were a dark grey on top and light grey on the bottom. I thought all dolphins looked like Flipper an old tv show from the 60"s in the Us. So these were a real treat. Hope you get to see them. :)