Saphhire - Sabatini's?

Jackie V

We are trying to decide which night to make reservations for Sabatini's. We don't want to miss anything special in the dining room, so the formal nights are probably out. And, we read on another thread that there are king crab legs on the Skagway night. Any suggestions as to a good night where we wouldn't miss anything special?

We were thinking of either Tuesday night, when we are in Ketchikan, Wedensday night, the day we are in Juneau. Late Saturday after we come back from Victoria would be another possibility, but I don't know how much we will feel like putting on our best outfits right before having to pack everything up.

Jackie,

I'm going on memory, so maybe someone else can verify what I'm saying or add more details. I believe that the dining room menu Tuesday night (Ketchikan) was 'Italian Night', so given the theme of Sabatini's you may want to consider that night.

On Wednesday night (Juneau) our family, along with others, ate dinner in town given the hours in port. I did order some things off of the dining room menu later that night from room service. (I was upgraded to a suite so I could do that.) I forget exactly what was on it, but don't recall any 'absolutely must have' items, so that night might also work for you.

I did take a photo of the Victoria "Landfall Dinner" and the main entrees were Linguine w/ white clam sauce, Tilapia, Sea Scallops, Turkey & Trimmings, and Prime Rib.

Dinner hours at Sabatini's was from 6pm to 11pm. I'm assuming that was every night, but I'm not certain (for example on that first or last day). As another option, on Friday Sabatini's also offered a brunch from 11am to 2pm.

BTW, I'll share a story, even though my DH and I ate in Sabatini's on Thursday (Skagway) we still got crab legs, well, sort of. Our two teens did not eat with us, but ate in the Santa Fe dining room. My son, knowing his dad loves crab legs, wrapped a few from his dinner up in a napkin and brought them back to our room. Needless to say, coming back from Sabatini's we couldn't eat another bite, plus they didn't look quite as appetizing as I'm sure they did on the plate in the dining room! However, we did appreciate his gesture of thoughtfulness. : )

Enjoy your cruise!!

I would suggest a late dinner on Juneau night.

if you take traditional dining you cant ask for a change can you? if you take tradition seating... cant you still make reservations at the specilty place or is that only for personal choice people.?

Archived