Letting Carnival assign your room

blnorman

Has anyone ever let Carnival assign you the room? When do you usually find out where your room will be on the ship?

Yes we have twice. I want to say it was about three or four weeks out.

Happy sailing!

Our last guarantee we found out 3 weeks ahead. But others have said they didn't find out until they got to the port.

Now that you all say this, even though my experience was what it was, there is a person on my current roll call who still has not received a room assignment and we leave on October 5th. All of their category has been sold out so I am thinking they will find out soon, but they may not know until the 5th (per the conversation they had with a Carnival call person).

Think CHRISTMAS all year around. The longer you wait the better the surprise package is. I love it. Anytime we are doing a single cruise I let them surprise me. Haven't been bummed yet. Right now we are waiting on our cabin on the PRIDE in November. I check ever day & we are still TBA.

They say the longer the wait the better the upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Char

Just found out room R1...Riviera deck .. .. OUCH!!!!

Well, at least it will be easy to get to!

Which ship?

ETA- Just saw that you are on the Fascination. You'll probably hear/feel the waves hitting the bows, the side thrusters and the anchors/lines being deployed.

Easy to get onboad in port.

You'll burn off calories walking to the buffet as it's at the back on the ship and 6 decks up, lol.

Edited by SadieN

Just found out room R1...Riviera deck .. .. OUCH!!!!

Ouch is right! :eek: We had that cabin on the Conquest. Choppy water going down the Mississippi River and rough gulf waves equaled little sleep! the stabilizer bars sounded like the ship was beating against rocks! Praying you will have calm seas!

We are waiting on our cabin assignment for the Fascination, too. I am hoping for an upper level deck!