When being the only ship in port is not good

crisp1

We're booked on the 12/01/14 Gem 12 day cruise. We have been to St Lucia numerous times and have 'seen it all'. We've been looking into some coastal cruises and they all have a minimum ( 10 or 12) and we're the only ones who have requested spots on several of these excursions :( I have tried to get our roll call to join in - no interest. I've seen the cruise ship coastal cruise from a beach once where they stopped for a half hour-:eek: not for us. We still have just under 2 months until the cruise. I will still keep working on it

I think he's saying that on some excursions they want to go on, there is a minimum # of passengers, and since they are the only ship in port on that day, the excursions haven't reached their minimum # of folks yet, so he's hoping he can get some others onto the excursion so it will happen.

But then again, I could be wrong! :cool:

Or just do the excursion through NCL? Or enjoy the beach on your own? Or do something by yourselves on your own? Or something, something??

Have you been to St Lucia? NCL excursions are out of the question. We've done so many things 'on our own' there before. Usually independent operators excursions get booked up far in advance when there are multiple ships in port. My point is that sometimes it works against you when you are the only one in town:rolleyes::p

i think he's saying that on some excursions they want to go on, there is a minimum # of passengers, and since they are the only ship in port on that day, the excursions haven't reached their minimum # of folks yet, so he's hoping he can get some others onto the excursion so it will happen.

But then again, i could be wrong! :cool:

Yup :D

Edited by crisp1