SS #6117 Zuiderdam

mgaliz

We're slated for that on the 10/8 sailing, when are you sailing? To date I've not had success getting a lot of info about that particular cabin. I do know the verandah is much larger than most category SS cabins but have heard conflicting reports if it is slightly larger or slightly smaller than other SS cabins.

We stayed in SS8094 on the Westerdam which is a similar cabin. We had a table and 2 chairs in the wider part and 2 chairs and ottomans in the narrower section. We did find the cabin larger and loved it. I think you will be very happy with our selection.

Wow...great pic's of 6117. We were in SS 8099 on the Zuiderdam - 2 decks above 6117. We loved it. I don't know the exact square footage but it looked and felt larger than the other SS rooms we saw. The bend where the balcony and room stick out meant the table and chairs weren't in between the bed and sofa. The little extra corner made for more open floor space which made the room feel much more spacious. The balcony was great as well. We usually had sun and shade so it was never too hot.

I've read some threads saying the balcony on the bend was no good because people in other cabins could see onto the balcony. This is true but it works both ways :eek: ....from the bend you can see on to most of the forward balconies on your level and below. I didn't think this was a big deal. Really the only time people can see on to other balconies is when they are standing at the rail. If you're sitting down you can't see the other balconies and they can't see you.

Thank you -- Esme and Nor'Estah for your replies and, especially, since1982 for the link to the pictures. Sierrachik and since 1982 - I will have 6117 on the 11/19 cruise and I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on this cabin when you return from your cruises.

Again. thanks everyone for your replies.

Wow...great pic's of 6117. We were in SS 8099 on the Zuiderdam - 2 decks above 6117. We loved it. I don't know the exact square footage but it looked and felt larger than the other SS rooms we saw. The bend where the balcony and room stick out meant the table and chairs weren't in between the bed and sofa. The little extra corner made for more open floor space which made the room feel much more spacious. The balcony was great as well. We usually had sun and shade so it was never too hot.

I've read some threads saying the balcony on the bend was no good because people in other cabins could see onto the balcony. This is true but it works both ways :eek: ....from the bend you can see on to most of the forward balconies on your level and below. I didn't think this was a big deal. Really the only time people can see on to other balconies is when they are standing at the rail. If you're sitting down you can't see the other balconies and they can't see you.

Our friends will have 8099 on our cruise. One of the other ladies on our cruise saw the pic and said they could throw things at us' date=' I told her once a pigeon has done his doo on you then you're all set for anything else life throws at you :)

The privacy or lack of on a verandah is a non issue for me, and you're correct, if people can see you on yours you can see them on theirs.

The layout looks like there will be more actual floor/walk around space in this cabin than in S7056 that we had last year. Overall size is smaller than the S but I don't feel we're losing anything in that regard. It does look like this is not the premium mattress they have in the S category though, I will miss that.

since1982, I really appreciate you sharing these with us. Enjoy your cruise and we're all looking forward to your comments on "our" cabin :)

Question - are ALL cabins like SS6117 (port and starboard) the same? I mean for instance is SS6108, SS8094, SS8099 the same exact layout? Size?

Thanks!

bobby

Hi Bobby,

I think all the ones that are on the part of the ship that juts out (the bend, if you will) are the same size and layout, just a mirror image depending on the side of the ship you're on. I think one is a Handicapped Accessible SS (6108, if I'm not mistaken) and the layout is probably a bit different but still very similar.

Erlene

Archived