coolers

buckshot0074

I know they have restrictions on the size of a cooler that can be brought aboard. Does anyone have any experience with a soft sided collapsible cooler with wheels ? (it is my wife's think it is a thirty-one cooler just like this one)

Thanks !

s_5122aa31f816d8489e08441f.jpg

That should be perfect...we had one just like it on our last cruise...put a bunch of drinks in it and rolled it on at embarkation....then our room steward kept it full of ice all week so we always had cold drinks.

Then when it's not in use, folds up nicely to travel.

LPC

I tried to take a similar cooler onto the Carnival Pride onetime and they told me no coolers and they gave me a big plastic bag and I had to put everything that was in the cooler into the bag and then I had to take the cooler back outside and put it in my car. Then I had to carry that clumsy bag onto the cruise with me.

We took something similar onboard last December in Charleston with no issues. I think technically the Carnival policy states 12"x12"x12" coolers or smaller are allowed (doesn't say anything about wheels). I think ours was a smidge bigger, and they could have told us "no" but didn't, thank goodness! :D

That cooler should be fine. We just sailed with a similar cooler and had no problem. We rolled it on as if it were a piece of our luggage and it was filled with our water and sodas. They were too focused shaking the life out of our water:) It was all water:):)

was told in Jacksonville that it was too big but they let us take in on so we got a smaller one and our niece bought one that stated it was 12X12X12 and they would not let in onboard in Port Canaval, she had to leave it. you never know if they will let it on or not.

I had a rolling soft side cooler smaller than that and I had put some bottled waters in it for a cruise out of port Canaveral. I was told unless I was diabetic or had done other medical need for that cooler, that it was prohibited. I offered to fold it up and was told no. I was told only the really small ones (would hold 6 cans) were acceptable.

Reading the posts above tells me it depends on the embarkation crew at the port. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

was told in Jacksonville that it was too big but they let us take in on so we got a smaller one and our niece bought one that stated it was 12X12X12 and they would not let in onboard in Port Canaval, she had to leave it. you never know if they will let it on or not.

Yeah. I surrendered mine to the guy too. We had parked really far out and the rest of my group was not willing to wait for me to go to the car and come back through security.

We use a really neat collapsible back pack cooler. Experienced now that it's been on many of the best beaches the Caribbean has to offer.

Fits nicely in the outside suitcase compartment. Easily holds 12 beverages and has a nice dry storage compartment on top.

We fill gallon storage bags at the Lido ice machine and off we go!

I tried to take a similar cooler onto the Carnival Pride onetime and they told me no coolers and they gave me a big plastic bag and I had to put everything that was in the cooler into the bag and then I had to take the cooler back outside and put it in my car. Then I had to carry that clumsy bag onto the cruise with me.

You should have escalated that. Coolers are allowed as long as they are of the size indicated by Carnival. The security person was incorrect.

We always bring the 12 x 12 x 12 igloo cooler. We carry it on board and no one has ever said a word. As a matter of fact, the last few cruises we bring two of them and carry them both onboard. We buy buckets of beer poolside and they stay icy cold. The other cooler stays in the cabin with icy cold beers for the balcony! The fridge never got them cold.

You should have escalated that. Coolers are allowed as long as they are of the size indicated by Carnival. The security person was incorrect.

the cooler that they took from us said it was a 12X12X12 but if you measured it, it was 12.5X12.5x12. guess it just like getting other things onboard that arent allowed, so do and others get caught. we just bought a smaller cooler and carry it on. not worth fighting about but we did lose that cooler, just like they said, either put in back in car or throw it away.