Radiance of the Seas for kids?

We are considering a cruise over Thanksgiving with our two sons - ages 9 and 11. We have never been on a cruise, and I was wondering if the Radiance is a good ship for families/kids. I know the Voyager Class would be better, but the price difference at this late date is significant. Thanks in advance.:)

I have three boys (16,13,11) and have take them on 2 cruises on Radiance (Alaska) and 1 on Brilliance (Med). They all loved the activities on the ship. There is basketball, ping pong, the climbing wall and the self-leveling pool tables, just to name a few. They have a great slide in one of the pools and the kid's programs were wonderful, especially for my youngest. My boys met lots of kids on board and some they still keep in contact with via email. You're also going during a time when there will probably be even more kids than normal.

You'll love the Radiance - she's absolutely our favorite ship of all the ones we've been on! If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to help.

Leslie

Lesley, thanks for your information. That is what I was hoping to hear. I had read some reviews that indicated the Radiance was more geared towards adults and we were also considering the Caribbean Princess, but I think we are going to go ahead and book the Radiance.

Archived