Regal - Caribbean - Balcony v Interior Stateroom

marinerslvr

As others said, only you can decide if it is worth it. I've sailed in all variety of staterooms from inside to oceanview to balcony and now that you cannot smoke on balconies on most lines, we opt for the inside cabins. They are usually much cheaper which allows us to take more trips. Since we have to go up on deck or to the smoking lounge to have a smoke, we would not use the balcony as much as in the past. Even when smoking on balconies WAS allowed, I found that an inside cabin still suited us fine as we were mostly there to sleep or to dress for dinner. When we've had a balcony we've used it [and loved it] but when we didn't have one it wasn't missed to the point that we were sorry for not booking one. $300 will go a long way towards other activities so you may want to consider that. However, if this is the one big vacation you take for the year you may feel like splurging! :D

We are looking at booking the Regal for a March cruise. I was really surprised that

this ship ,and its sister ship, don't have any OVs . We are looking at the 300 P.P . difference

between balcony and interior and can't decide what to do. With the current promotion of

included gratuities we feel some pressure to book but I was very very surprised to discover

that with this promotion, the deposit is NOT refundable!

We have never booked an interior . Besides all these issues , the Regal has horizontal interior

cabins besides the usual vertical ones and we're trying to figure out which would be better.

What to do,what to do. :confused::confused::confused:

That's $600 total. Lots of money to spend on other stuff.

Our first cruise was a balcony. I thought it was pretty cool to wake up, go outside on the balcony, and see we were on a new island - visited five on a seven day cruise. But, that was about all we did on the balcony. The balcony also gives you a kind of tunnel vision as you can't see to the sides unless you lean over. Sitting on the promenade deck or others give you a full view. On our next four cruises we did an inside cabins and never missed the balcony.

Of course on our next cruise in November on the Regal we booked an inside cabin. But I noticed recently that the price had gone down on the balcony to where it was only a lttle more than what we paid for the inside. Contacted my TA and we now have a balcony for no increase in price. We are only visiting two islands, the Princess one doesn't count, so maybe we will spend more time on the balcony.

That's $600 total. Lots of money to spend on other stuff.

Our first cruise was a balcony. I thought it was pretty cool to wake up, go outside on the balcony, and see we were on a new island - visited five on a seven day cruise. But, that was about all we did on the balcony. The balcony also gives you a kind of tunnel vision as you can't see to the sides unless you lean over. Sitting on the promenade deck or others give you a full view. On our next four cruises we did an inside cabins and never missed the balcony.

Of course on our next cruise in November on the Regal we booked an inside cabin. But I noticed recently that the price had gone down on the balcony to where it was only a lttle more than what we paid for the inside. Contacted my TA and we now have a balcony for no increase in price. We are only visiting two islands, the Princess one doesn't count, so maybe we will spend more time on the balcony.

I believe the March cruise has the same itinerary as yours.

Currently the inside starts at 600 and the balcony at 900.

The balcony comes with an extra 50 to 100 OBC so the difference is "only" $500 to $550.

The price range of the insides is only $25 which is much smaller then the range of balconies.

Therefore the best inside is only 525 while moving up with the balcony cabins is much greater.

The fact that there are only 3 ports makes me lean more to a balcony then if there were more stops.

As my kids say (rotten kids!) , this is a first world problem.:D

Edited by richstowe

I believe the March cruise has the same itinerary as yours.

Currently the inside starts at 600 and the balcony at 900.

The balcony comes with an extra 50 to 100 OBC so the difference is "only" $500 to $550.

The price range of the insides is only $25 which is much smaller then the range of balconies.

Therefore the best inside is only 525 while moving up with the balcony cabins is much greater.

The fact that there are only 3 ports makes me lean more to a balcony then if there were more stops.

As my kids say (rotten kids!) , this is a first world problem.:D

When we booked the inside it was $624 (I think the cheapest was $599). balconies were $900 and up. But they dropped to $499 for inside and $699 for the balcony last week. They just upgraded me to a balcony for free and added $50 for OBC for a total of $150.

When we booked the inside it was $624 (I think the cheapest was $599). balconies were $900 and up. But they dropped to $499 for inside and $699 for the balcony last week. They just upgraded me to a balcony for free and added $50 for OBC for a total of $150.
Good Deal!

thumbs-up.jpg.bf7a4c256e13cc71a136c51c60b2725d.jpg