Coral World

wanda1213

I was also planning on going to Coral World. Quick question. Has anyone done the underwater walk? It costs $68 (includes park fees). My friend said she isn't going underwater for anything. I told her that her hair would not get wet but she is stubborn. I want to try this but I am not the best swimmer in the world:o

but I really want to try this. Any info/imput would be great.

Thanks

Hello Starfire,

I have done it. You don't need to be a good swimmer or a swimmer at all really. You go down a ladder, once you are in the water and still at the ladder the tour operators place a helmet over your head, there is a steady flow of air pushing into the helmet from which to breath and also which keeps everything in there dry like you said. The weight of the helmet makes you sink, at which point you walk on the ocean floor along a trail with the tour guide pointing things out. It was a neat experience.

--Islander

http://www.*****

We (40 of us) did Coki Beach so a few of us with young kids could do Coral World. If your kids love animals (iguanas, turtles, etc), it is a good idea, but I was not impressed. The best thing is it is air conditioned. The turtle pools are small, etc. My sister in law's family did the snuba and they loved it, but it was very expensive (about $150pp). We were all sorry we chose this over Magen's Bay or Sapphire Beach. Coki's water is pretty, pretty good snorkeling, but the beach is not nice at all, small, graffitti, old couches, dirty bathrooms that charge $1 to get in, crowded, even though there were only 2 ships in port (Sunny Liston told us in the fall and winter there are up to 10 ships in port), remnants of old bonfires (dead wood), glass on the beach. We felt uncomfortable leaving our bags for a second.

If you are stopping in Tortola DON'T miss Cane Garden Bay. We got there early (around 9) and it was like a picture postcard, nice bar (good rum punches), snack bar, etc. Crazy ride up and over the mountain to get there, but well worth it. Wish we had more time there! We left around 11:30 and had time to do a little shopping in Road Town.

Archived